Author Topic: The Generals Can Blame Joe Biden for Today's Afghanistan Debacle, They Can't Blame the Last Twenty Y  (Read 54 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Generals Can Blame Joe Biden for Today's Afghanistan Debacle, They Can't Blame the Last Twenty Years of Lies and Incompetence on Him
By streiff | Aug 15, 2021 8:45 PM ET

I’d like to say I was a little shocked when I read this story by my colleague Mike Miller: Biden Ordered Afghanistan Withdrawal Against Warnings From Top Generals: Report.

The gist of the story is that senior military leaders, including General Mark “Stand Back, I Have White Rage” Milley, told Biden they needed to modify the withdrawal plan Biden was already modified:

Gen. Frank McKenzie, the commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East; Gen. Austin Scott Miller, who led NATO forces in Afghanistan; and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Citing the risks of removing American forces to Afghan security and the U.S. Embassy, they recommended that the U.S. keep 2,500 troops in Afghanistan while stepping up diplomacy to try to cement a peace agreement.

If you read that carefully, you could be excused for coming away with the illusion that Biden received advice that would have made a difference to where we are today. It wouldn’t have. And I’m not shocked because this kind of blame-shifting and failure to accept responsibility has become something of a hallmark of the nation’s senior military leadership.

more
https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/08/15/the-generals-can-blame-joe-biden-for-todays-afghanistan-debacle-they-cant-blame-the-last-twenty-years-of-lies-and-incompetence-on-him-n427043
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34