Author Topic: How Long Will the F-22 Raptor Stealth Fighter Remain Untouchable?  (Read 85 times)

rangerrebew

August 14, 2021

How Long Will the F-22 Raptor Stealth Fighter Remain Untouchable?

Combining stealth, supercruise, maneuverability, and integrated avionics, coupled with improved supportability, the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor represented an exponential leap in warfighting capabilities when it was introduced in 2005.
by Peter Suciu

Here's What You Need to Remember: The F-22 Raptor has proven to be an aircraft that can engage an enemy but has speed on its side as well. Its engines are able to produce more thrust than any current fighter engine flying today, while the Raptor's aerodynamic airframe along with increased thrust allows it to cruise at supersonic airspeeds, greater Mach 1.5, without utilizing its afterburner – a characteristic known as supercruise.

Combining stealth, supercruise, maneuverability, and integrated avionics, coupled with improved supportability, the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor represented an exponential leap in warfighting capabilities when it was introduced in 2005. Even today, the F-22 cannot be matched by any known or project fighter aircraft and it is easy to see why this fifth-generation stealth warplane could remain part of the United States Air Force's fleet for decades to come.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/how-long-will-f-22-raptor-stealth-fighter-remain-untouchable-191822

rangerrebew

Re: How Long Will the F-22 Raptor Stealth Fighter Remain Untouchable?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 10:56:14 am »
The question really isn't how long. The question is will the military have something better before it does becomes a senior citizen of the skies? :pondering:

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: How Long Will the F-22 Raptor Stealth Fighter Remain Untouchable?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 01:25:29 pm »
There is another thread on this same page that discussed Chinese espionage.

I'd bet $50, someone in congress or some other leaker already has given the Chicoms the specs and designs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.