Author Topic: McConnell calls for US airstrikes to stop Taliban advance  (Read 195 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell calls for US airstrikes to stop Taliban advance
« on: August 14, 2021, 02:49:08 pm »
McConnell calls for US airstrikes to stop Taliban advance
By Caroline Vakil - 08/13/21 06:13 PM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Friday that the U.S. should start conducting airstrikes against the Taliban and provide support to Afghan forces to stop the insurgent group from capturing the Afghan capital amid the withdrawal of U.S. troops.

McConnell said in a statement that “it is not too late to prevent the Taliban from overrunning Kabul. The Administration should move quickly to hammer Taliban advances with air strikes, provide critical support to the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) defending the capital, and prevent the seemingly imminent fall of the city.”

“If they fail to do so, the security threat to the United States will assuredly grow and the humanitarian cost to innocent Afghans will be catastrophic,” the Kentucky senator warned.

McConnell also mentioned that he had spoken with the Afghanistan ambassador to the U.S., saying they had “an urgent conversation” regarding “the deteriorating security situation in Afghanistan and the unfolding humanitarian crisis."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/567835-mcconnell-calls-for-us-air-strikes-to-stop-taliban-advance
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: McConnell calls for US airstrikes to stop Taliban advance
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 02:53:19 pm »
The situation must really be critical to tear McConnell away from his family business.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 03:02:52 pm »
It was over when our troops pulled out. No conflict in history has been won from the air alone without use of nukes. Unoccupied enemy territory is still enemy territory.

And my favorite story, in the words of an Iraqi Tank Battalion Commander in Desert Storm: "I came to Kuwait with 52 tanks. After 100 days of Coalition bombing I had 50. After twenty minutes against American M1 tanks... I had none."

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 03:07:29 pm »

Go for it, Mitch!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 03:19:03 pm »
Does anyone recall the quote...and who said it?  (Paraphrased)

"I come with my hand extended in peace...but I will kill every last one of you sons-a-bitches if...."

I thought it was General MacArthur, but can't seem to locate it.

...but it's what Joe Biden should tell the Taliban that if they don't leave the U.S. Embassy in Kabul alone.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 03:22:58 pm »
I'd deinventory all our MOAB's on Taliban Troop centers and call it a day.

Make a f'n asteroid crater if we have to.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 03:58:51 pm »
We could just expose election frauds, take comrade Biden down-out of office, and put Trump back in (where he belongs.)  and all this pro-Commie-Terrorism goes away!  Like Trump already showed he knew how to deal with it.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions