Author Topic: Bye Bye Success  (Read 400 times)

Offline AARguy

Bye Bye Success
« on: August 14, 2021, 12:24:08 pm »
78 year old guy in Las Vegas works hard all his life, establishes some rental property for his living and then the Federal Government tells him he can't get any more income from it. Very understandable that, as he saw his life's work disappear, he went nuts and grabbed a gun. I expect a lot more of this. As gasoline becomes more and more expensive, I expect to see truck drivers do the same. Then the folks who depend on merchandise delivered to their stores will join in as deliveries dry up. More and more folks will see their livelihoods disappear and become desperate. My heart goes out to them.
I'm glad I became an engineer, but I'm even more glad I'm retired and am not just starting out.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Bye Bye Success
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 01:04:12 pm »
78 year old guy in Las Vegas works hard all his life, establishes some rental property for his living and then the Federal Government tells him he can't get any more income from it. Very understandable that, as he saw his life's work disappear, he went nuts and grabbed a gun. I expect a lot more of this. As gasoline becomes more and more expensive, I expect to see truck drivers do the same. Then the folks who depend on merchandise delivered to their stores will join in as deliveries dry up. More and more folks will see their livelihoods disappear and become desperate. 

@AARguy

All this,and most people STILL seem to think it is all happening by accident.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 01:22:19 pm »
But no mean tweets.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 01:35:14 pm »
But no mean tweets.

Exactly!

Honestly, what I wouldn't do for a few of those ole "mean tweets" these days!