Author Topic: Texas judge says he asked Secretary Mayorkas for migration 'pause' as facilities run out of capacity  (Read 80 times)

rangerrebew

Texas judge says he asked Secretary Mayorkas for migration 'pause' as facilities run out of capacity
Richard Cortez said he and Mayorkas 'didn't spend a lot of time finding solutions'
Fox News Staff
By Fox News Staff | Fox News

Richard Cortez, a Hidalgo County, Texas judge, discussed his recent meeting with Department of Homeland Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and said he urged the chief to put a "pause" on immigration into the U.S.

SEC. MAYORKAS SAYS BORDER CRISIS 'UNSUSTAINABLE' AND 'WE'RE GOING TO LOSE' IN LEAKED AUDIO

RICHARD CORTEZ: He admitted that there is a problem, he knew what the problem was and wanted to hear from us and of course many of us wanted him to redefine the problem but he didn’t spend a lot of time finding solutions…

My analogy is something like this. I have a huge water leak. I can’t send people to mop the water I need to send a plumber to stop the leak. That was my recommendation to the secretary that he just has to put a pause—I called it a moratorium, which I think by legal definition that’s a legal delay of the law because the volume is just too high and it comes at a really bad time.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-judge-mayorkas-immigration-border-covid