Author Topic: Don’t buy the latest climate-change alarmism  (Read 106 times)

rangerrebew

Don’t buy the latest climate-change alarmism
« on: August 13, 2021, 04:10:20 pm »

Don’t buy the latest climate-change alarmism

By Bjorn Lomborg

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change just released its latest climate report, and reactions from politicians and media pundits could not have been more predictable.

Fitting the apocalyptic narrative many have spun lately, the always-breathless Guardian literally summarized this scientific report as finding mankind “guilty as hell” of “climate crimes of humanity.” (Needless to say, the report never says any such things.)

UN Secretary-General António Guterres called the findings a “code red for humanity,” saying we can only avert catastrophe by acting in the next couple of months. Of course, the United Nations has a long history of claiming catastrophe is right around the corner: The first UN environment director claimed half a century ago that we had just 10 years left, and the then-head of the IPCC insisted in 2007 that we had just five years left. 

https://co2coalition.org/2021/08/09/dont-buy-the-latest-climate-change-alarmism/

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Don’t buy the latest climate-change alarmism
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 04:20:54 pm »
I don't.

Its scientific hubris to think that Man alone has the ability to regulate the Earth's climate.  Man is not the ultimate power in the Universe.

If people are so concerned, they can nuke some volcanoes to induce the 536 A.D. climate effect:

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.