Author Topic: Consumer Sentiment Crashes to Lowest Level in 10 Years  (Read 377 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Consumer Sentiment Crashes to Lowest Level in 10 Years
« on: August 13, 2021, 03:55:31 pm »
Consumer Sentiment Crashes to Lowest Level in 10 Years

John Carney 13 Aug 2021

The confidence of Americans in the economy suffered an unexpected severe collapse in the first weeks of August.

The University of Michigan’s Consumer Sentiment index fell to 70.2 from the end of July score of 81.2, the lowest score since 2011.

“Consumers reported a stunning loss of confidence in the first half of August,” said Richard Curtin, the survey’s chief economist.

The score was lower than the 71.8 hit at the depths of the pandemic lockdown in April 2020.

The expectations component of the survey fell to 65.2 from 79. The current conditions component fell from 84.5 to 77.9.

“Over the past half century, the Sentiment Index has only recorded larger losses in six other surveys, all connected to sudden negative changes in the economy: the only larger declines in the Sentiment Index occurred during the economy’s shutdown in April 2020 (-19.4%) and at the depths of the Great Recession in October 2008 (-18.1%),” Curtin explained in a statement.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/08/13/consumer-sentiment-crashes-to-lowest-level-in-10-years/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Consumer Sentiment Crashes to Lowest Level in 10 Years
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 07:01:03 pm »
Gee, it’s not like inflation can be blamed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 07:05:02 pm »
In other words, the last time it was this low, Joe Biden was the Vice President.  Anyone see a pattern here?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 09:17:50 pm »

Even I saw that coming
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 09:27:41 pm »
No worries...consumer sentiment will crash even lower.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 06:04:20 pm »
Keeks @GolferGirl305
The mainstream media is calling it The Great Supply Chain Shortage.
Toyota has halted 40% of production.
GM has shut down several plants.
There's been 150% increase in factory fires.
There's a global container shortage.
Everything that can go wrong is happening at once.
12:20 PM · Sep 1, 2021·

Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC
I don’t understand. I was told repeatedly that you could just “pause” an economy as if it was Netflix. After all, someone got sick. Did “pausing” the economy and dumping trillions of unbacked currency into it cause widespread economic dislocation?
Weird.
12:37 PM · Sep 1, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org