Author Topic: JUST IN - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett refuses to block Indiana University’s vaccine  (Read 995 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

My employer is mandating vaccination to return to the office.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is a state issue.  The appeals court cited a USSC ruling on states rights regarding vaccines --- so she did not have to give another reason. 

BassWrangler

This is a state issue.  The appeals court cited a USSC ruling on states rights regarding vaccines --- so she did not have to give another reason.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Interesting, because that puts a nail in a nat'l vaccine mandate.
The Republic is lost.

BassWrangler

Interesting, because that puts a nail in a nat'l vaccine mandate.

Well, you're assuming logic, which is frequently not a good assumption when Democrats are involved.

Online Hoodat

Barrett is correct.  It is not the court's job to fix government.  The people of Indiana have the power here.

Here in Georgia, universities require proof of vaccination for MMR and a TB test prior to enrollment at any State institution.  There is also the option of a religious waiver.  These are outlined according to State law.  If the people of Indiana want to stop this, they need to press their legislators to change their laws and deny Indiana University the power to set it for them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

My employer is putting their foot down.  After due HR process - no vaccine, no employment.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Hoodat

My employer is mandating vaccination to return to the office.

@BassWrangler

By mandating vaccines, your employer is legally accepting liability in case something goes wrong.  Make sure you get a written acknowledgement from them.  Also request information on whether they are self-insured on this.  Find out their insurance company's tort maximum in the event that you die from the vaccine so that you can assure your family is well taken care of in the event that you do not survive.  Encourage your co-workers to do the same.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

BassWrangler

@BassWrangler

By mandating vaccines, your employer is legally accepting liability in case something goes wrong.  Make sure you get a written acknowledgement from them.  Also request information on whether they are self-insured on this.  Find out their insurance company's tort maximum in the event that you die from the vaccine so that you can assure your family is well taken care of in the event that you do not survive.  Encourage your co-workers to do the same.

I got the vax months ago, so it's not a concern for me. I'm sure their legal team has weighed the risks and potential liability of both positions, and decided mandating the vaccine for workers who come into the office was the lower risk option.

Online Hoodat

I got the vax months ago, so it's not a concern for me. I'm sure their legal team has weighed the risks and potential liability of both positions, and decided mandating the vaccine for workers who come into the office was the lower risk option.

Do not underestimate the ineptitude of HR and Legal at any company.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

I got vaccinated in April.  Felt like I had a flu for a day after the 2nd (Pfizer) shot.  No magnetism yet.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

Do not underestimate the ineptitude of HR and Legal at any company.

You make a good point.

BassWrangler

I got vaccinated in April.  Felt like I had a flu for a day after the 2nd (Pfizer) shot.  No magnetism yet.

I had a medium bad experience, fever for 4 or 5 days - it was 103F for a couple of days, nausea and occasional vomiting for 2 days, mild nausea for about a week. I didn't feel back to my usual self for about 2 weeks. This was after the 2nd shot.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 06:35:53 pm by BassWrangler »

Online mountaineer

By mandating vaccines, your employer is legally accepting liability in case something goes wrong. 
If you get sick from an employer-mandated vaccine, they are supposed to report it to OSHA, except OSHA already has indicated they'll do absolutely nothing to enforce the reporting requirement. But it still should be considered a work-related injury and should entitled the employee to worker's comp.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

A good lawyer will not be deterred by OSHA's inaction.  Let your employer know that you have that type of lawyer.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
[quote a

uthor=BassWrangler link=topic=445399.msg2474430#msg2474430 date=1628868830]
Well, you're assuming logic, which is frequently not a good assumption when Democrats are involved.
[/quote]

Heh, no joke.
The Republic is lost.