Author Topic: Texas Senate Passes Voting Legislation After Democrat Filibuster Ends  (Read 181 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Senate Passes Voting Legislation After Democrat Filibuster Ends
Carmine Sabia August 12, 2021

The Texas Senate has now passed the voting bills that the Texas House Democrats fled the state to avoid voting on.

The vote came less than 20 minutes after a near 15-hour filibuster by State Senator Carol Alvarado which she accomplished as she wore a back brace and did not sit, lean, eat drink or use the restroom as required by Texas law, CNN reported.

The bill will now head to the House where it will be slowed as not enough of the House Democrats have returned to create a quorum but, as CNN stated, the bill’s passage is all but assured.

“Senate Bill 1 slowly but surely chips away at our democracy. It adds rather than removes barriers for Texas seniors, persons with disabilities, African Americans, Asian and Latino voters from the political process,” state Sen. Alvarado said during her filibuster. “Senate Bill 1 is a regressive step back in the direction of that dark and painful history.”

“My friends, voter suppression anywhere is a threat to democracy everywhere,” she said. “As we draw this discussion to an end, it is my sincere hope that civil acts by everyday Texans — from the Senate floor to the ballot box — can help shed the light.”

more
https://conservativebrief.com/texas-senate-48120/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Texas Senate Passes Voting Legislation After Democrat Filibuster Ends
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 10:17:31 pm »
It's now good for 30 days for the House to act upon it or it will have to be revoted on once again.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington