Author Topic: Manchin sends warning shot over 'serious concerns' about $3.5T spending plan  (Read 158 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin sends warning shot over 'serious concerns' about $3.5T spending plan
By Jordain Carney - 08/11/21 08:06 AM EDT

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) is sending a warning shot to President Biden and congressional leaders, saying he has "serious concerns" about spending $3.5 trillion on a massive package that Democrats want to pass later this year.

Manchin said in a statement early Wednesday that he has "serious concerns about the grave consequences ... if Congress decides to spend another $3.5 trillion."

“Given the current state of the economic recovery, it is simply irresponsible to continue spending at levels more suited to respond to a Great Depression or Great Recession – not an economy that is on the verge of overheating," Manchin said.

He added that "irresponsible levels of spending" could negatively impact the United States' ability to react to "unforeseen consequences."

"I urge my colleagues to seriously consider this reality as this budget process unfolds in the coming weeks and months," Manchin said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/567300-manchin-sends-warning-shot-over-serious-concerns-about-35t-spending-plan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

More money for West Verginny! 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

P'uhlease ...

He added that "irresponsible levels of spending" could negatively impact the United States' ability to react to "unforeseen consequences."

... the government will just print more money and more IOU's.  The government's best hope to constrain the money supply is wealth destruction caused by boom-bust cycles
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Didn't he - and fellow senator, squishy Republican Shelley M. Capito - vote FOR the porkapalooza "infrastructure" bill? Give me a break. Joe does not care, nor has he ever cared, about the cost to taxpayers of anything.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
...and I believe you, Joe.

:sarc:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

If anyone thinks Mojo won't remember that Biden gave Mrs. Manchin's phony baloney do-nothing "commission" a payoff of $1 billion, and respond accordingly, I have a bridge to sell you. The funny thing is that you could pay off Gayle Manchin with a bottle of vodka.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org