Author Topic: Arrest Warrants Finally Issued for Absent House Democrats  (Read 409 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Arrest Warrants Finally Issued for Absent House Democrats
« on: August 11, 2021, 10:33:16 am »
Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens August 10, 2021

On Tuesday evening, arrest warrants were signed for all 52 absent Democrats who have kept the 150-member Texas House short of the two-thirds required quorum for nearly a month.

Nearly one month after Texas House Democrats fled the Capitol to break quorum and halt consideration of election integrity legislation, arrest warrants have now been issued for the missing members.

On Tuesday evening, House Speaker Dade Phelan (R–Beaumont) reportedly signed arrest warrants for all 52 absent Democrats who have kept the 150-member body short of the two-thirds required quorum, freezing the Legislature for weeks.

On Monday, State Rep. Tony Tinderholt (R–Arlington) made a motion for a “call of the House,” this time for the second special session.

On Tuesday afternoon, the House met briefly, during which time the present members approved a motion to bring the missing Democrats back to the chamber “under warrant of arrest, if necessary.” The only Republican to vote against the motion was State Rep. Lyle Larson of San Antonio.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/arrest-warrants-finally-issued-for-absent-house-democrats/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Arrest Warrants Finally Issued for Absent House Democrats
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 11:10:26 am »
Go get 'em!!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 11:25:44 am »
Round em up. Head em out...Rawhide!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 11:51:49 am »
This needs to be handled with a bit of finesse.  Right now these Democrats look like fools.  No sense turning them into martyrs.  I think Abbott and the GOP legislature have handled it well so far.  They have been deliberate, and they have allowed the Dems their day in court.  I hope they do not give these morons the perp walk they so desperately seek.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 12:04:29 pm »
This needs to be handled with a bit of finesse.  Right now these Democrats look like fools.  No sense turning them into martyrs.  I think Abbott and the GOP legislature have handled it well so far.  They have been deliberate, and they have allowed the Dems their day in court.  I hope they do not give these morons the perp walk they so desperately seek.

This is what us Texans fully expect to be done. Arrest them as soon as they enter Texas. Transport them to Austin. Cabin them in the Texas Capital.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas House Speaker Signs 52 Arrest Warrants For Absent Democrat Lawmakers
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 12:50:32 pm »
Texas House Speaker Signs 52 Arrest Warrants For Absent Democrat Lawmakers
By  Ryan Saavedra

Aug 10, 2021   DailyWire.com

Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan (R) officially signed civil arrest warrants for 52 House Democrats who refused to show up for another special legislative session, thereby keeping the session from proceeding.

As The Washington Post reported:

Phelan spokesman Enrique Marquez said warrants were signed for 52 Democrats who failed to return during the fifth day of the House’s second special session, leaving the chamber eight members short of a quorum.

The move by Phelan comes after the Texas Supreme Court overturned a ruling Tuesday “by a Travis County district judge that blocked them from ordering the arrest of quorum-busting Democrats, who were in Washington, D.C., for about a month,” KXAN reported. “Democrats who are arrested would not face criminal charges and could not be jailed or fined. Law enforcement officers carrying out arrest orders by state officials could only try to bring them to the House chambers.”

“The Supreme Court of Texas swiftly rejected this dangerous attempt by Texas Democrats to undermine our Constitution and avoid doing the job they were elected to do,” said Renae Eze, an Abbott spokeswoman. “We look forward to the Supreme Court upholding the rule of law and stopping another stall tactic by the Texas Democrats.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-texas-house-speaker-signs-52-arrest-warrants-for-absent-democrat-lawmakers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 01:18:58 pm »
Cuff them and throw them in jail.  That would teach them a valuable lesson.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 01:27:07 pm »
Cuff them and throw them in jail.  That would teach them a valuable lesson.

Not how it works. They are to be locked in the Texas Capitol so a quorum can be met. To hell with teachin' them a GD thing!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 01:29:17 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 01:35:20 pm »
Not how it works. They are to be locked in the Texas Capitol so a quorum can be met. To hell with teachin' them a GD thing!
Oh yeah....I know how it works...dang it...lol.  My brother works there...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 02:05:37 pm »

BS! In addition to all that, they should all be stripped of their committee assignments and have all their pay and allowances for the entire period of their absence revoked. Include their staff in the above as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 02:11:14 pm »
BS! In addition to all that, they should all be stripped of their committee assignments and have all their pay and allowances for the entire period of their absence revoked. Include their staff in the above as well.

BS Bakatcha! Now we'll just hav to waitnsee how muchOdat is already in work.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 02:12:56 pm »
This is what us Texans fully expect to be done. Arrest them as soon as they enter Texas. Transport them to Austin. Cabin them in the Texas Capital.
That is what Texas finesse looks like.

The hell with outsiders who wish us to be 'nice'.  The only appeal to anyone in Texas to do it that way live in Austin, so who cares, they are outliers anyway.  I want justice instead.

Only thing I might add is chaining to the desk with a cot and blanket close by.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington