Author Topic: Sens. Cruz, Cornyn vote no as Senate passes $1.2 trillion bipartisan bill to fund roads, airports  (Read 430 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Benjamin Wermund 8/10/2021

Sens. Cruz, Cornyn vote no as Senate passes $1.2 trillion bipartisan bill to fund roads, airports

Texas’ two Republican senators on Tuesday voted against a $1.2 trillion infrastructure package — projected to send tens of billions to the state for roads, water projects, broadband and more — as more than a dozen of their GOP colleagues signed on to help Democrats pass the bill in a rare bipartisan vote.

U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz said the bipartisan bill is too costly, pointing to estimates that it could add $250 billion to the national deficit over the next decade, even as Texas stands to reap plenty in new federal funding if the bill passes the House, as expected.

The bill passed the Senate 69-30 with Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and 18 other Republicans backing it. It was a major victory for President Joe Biden, who has focused much of his first year in office pushing for massive infrastructure investments.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/cruz-cornyn-infrastructure-bill-1-trillion-roads-16377510.php

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did they strip the per mile tax out of that POS? 9999hair out0000
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline art.prout

I doubt it, Joe.    **nononono*

Online libertybele

Did they strip the per mile tax out of that POS? 9999hair out0000

Not only are they tanking the economy but they are sinking thousands of jobs along with it. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Not only are they tanking the economy but they are sinking thousands of jobs along with it.
They are actually preserving the economy of the corrupt big blue cities and states as most of the goodies land in their laps.

All those lockdowns which destroyed places like NY and California will be handed a gift from the red states.

We in Texas have a slogan so we don't forget  Remember the Alamo
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They are actually preserving the economy of the corrupt big blue cities and states as most of the goodies land in their laps.

All those lockdowns which destroyed places like NY and California will be handed a gift from the red states.

We in Texas have a slogan so we don't forget  Remember the Alamo
THe white House is asking OPEC to exceed their production quotas to bring the price of crude oil and gasoline down.

No shit.

They stopped the Keystone XL Pipeline Day one.
They have tried to shut down the DAPL.
They have made it far harder to obtain a lease to drill and produce oil on Federal Land,
and shut down ANWR again.
Thanks to White House Policy, and the Damitcraps in Congress, the price of gasoline (here, in ND) has gone from $1.79 to $3.19 per gallon--in less than a year.

We have the ability to produce our own oil, all we need, but the greatest impediment to that is neither our technology nor the lack of resources, but instead the economic suicide being practiced by our own Government.

I have no clue why North Dakota's Senators voted for this, but am holding their feet to the fire for that perfidy.
Nearly half of the State's budget comes from the oil industry, directly or indirectly, and there is no way to hurt the domestic oil industry without hurting EVERY taxpayer in the State.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe complained:
"Did they strip the per mile tax out of that POS?"

I may be mistaken, but isn't that a part of the "reconciliation bill" instead?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Joe complained:
"Did they strip the per mile tax out of that POS?"

I may be mistaken, but isn't that a part of the "reconciliation bill" instead?

Nope. It was in the Infrastructure Bill : https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,444418.msg2469372.html#msg2469372

Online libertybele

THe white House is asking OPEC to exceed their production quotas to bring the price of crude oil and gasoline down.

No shit.

They stopped the Keystone XL Pipeline Day one.
They have tried to shut down the DAPL.
They have made it far harder to obtain a lease to drill and produce oil on Federal Land,
and shut down ANWR again.
Thanks to White House Policy, and the Damitcraps in Congress, the price of gasoline (here, in ND) has gone from $1.79 to $3.19 per gallon--in less than a year.

We have the ability to produce our own oil, all we need, but the greatest impediment to that is neither our technology nor the lack of resources, but instead the economic suicide being practiced by our own Government.

I have no clue why North Dakota's Senators voted for this, but am holding their feet to the fire for that perfidy.
Nearly half of the State's budget comes from the oil industry, directly or indirectly, and there is no way to hurt the domestic oil industry without hurting EVERY taxpayer in the State.

Ultimately it's going to trickle down and hurt us all!    9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.