Author Topic: What stocks and sectors will benefit from the infrastructure bill?  (Read 513 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

What assets are set to score a boost after the U.S. Senate passed a roughly $1 trillion infrastructure package with broad bipartisan support Tuesday, putting it on track to possibly be passed by the House and be signed into law by President Joe Biden? 

The bill reauthorizes spending on existing federal public-works programs and pours a fresh $550 billion into water projects, the electrical grid and safety efforts. It includes $110 billion for roads, bridges and other projects, as well as $66 billion for rail, $65 billion for broadband internet and $55 billion for water systems.

Some analysts say that much of the bill’s positive impact on the economy have already been priced into financial markets but it is possible that a further fillip for stocks could be enjoyed, especially as worries linger about the potential for the delta variant of COVID-19 to stymie aspects of the economic recovery from the deadly pandemic.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-stocks-and-sectors-will-benefit-from-the-infrastructure-bill-11628628331?mod=home-page

--------------

$1T, by the time all the foreign suppliers get paid, won't be much to the economy.

And right now the market looks stalled out.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: What stocks and sectors will benefit from the infrastructure bill?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 05:27:02 am »
Knowing our government, I'd say 10 cents on the dollar will really go into on the ground projects.

Honestly, IMO this is a thinly disguisd ploy that was used in the late '00's financial crisis.  But instead of calling it qualitative easing they are using less offensive language by hiding the capital infusion into the economy as calling it (faux) infrastructure projects.

I am still sitting on the fence on how this house of cards falls.  50/50 on whether this will be a crash and burn '30's style or in the manner of Weimar / Zimbawe inflationary spiral. One thing is for certain....   The criminals in DC for the past 20 years have been hell bent on destroying this nation's economy...  Now and for generations to come.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: What stocks and sectors will benefit from the infrastructure bill?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 04:58:25 pm »
A huge chunck of this money will find its way into blue states, particularly the big cities that lost money when they chose to lock down.  Tax receipts went into the tank and people fled to places that were not locked down and they could find jobs.

There will be a few red states that get benefits, which is the reason a few GOP Senators voted for the monstrosity.

And of course the green new deal is well represented within the largesse, and we will see ad nauseum expenditures for fairy projects like new types of building construction that is 'climate-compatible', solar and wind incentives and other useless costs.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington