Author Topic: Abandoning Allies Is Current American Policy  (Read 52 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Abandoning Allies Is Current American Policy
« on: August 08, 2021, 02:33:42 pm »
Abandoning Allies Is Current American Policy

Since the Biden Aadministration won’t rescue and resettle our Afghan allies, some of us are taking matters into our own hands.

By Chad Robichaux
August 7, 2021

After 20 years in Afghanistan, U.S. forces are finally withdrawing. I know we have been there too long when both my son and I spent time as Marines fighting in the same war. I don’t believe any veteran would contest that we should leave. The question, rather, is whether we are leaving from a position of sound military strategy and in a moral way—as a nation that will honor our Afghan allies who fought shoulder to shoulder with us for two decades.

As a Force Recon Marine, I was privileged to be part of a Joint Special Operations Command Task Force (JSOC) serving alongside the most remarkable special operations warriors in more than 100 operations over eight deployments. I worked with many excellent men whose courage and bravery cannot even begin to be captured in words. Among those men, some of the most heroic were our Afghan teammates, who served as interpreters, cultural advisors, and fellow warfighters pursuing a free Afghanistan. They believed in America’s mission to eradicate jihadists that threatened the lives of Afghans and Americans. 

As the current administration calls our military home, we are leaving many of our Afghan teammates behind. And as the Taliban advances in taking provinces, the threat to their lives and those of their families increases. Out of fear for survival, neighbors and friends are identifying them to the Taliban. Our allies are in grave danger. Some have already been executed. 

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/08/07/abandoning-allies-is-current-american-policy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34