Author Topic: Cuomo could face misdemeanor charges in groping case, sheriff says  (Read 232 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cuomo could face misdemeanor charges in groping case, sheriff says
By Caroline Vakil - 08/07/21 03:12 PM EDT

A local sheriff said Saturday that embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) could face misdemeanor charges stemming from allegations from a former aide that the governor groped her last year while they were alone in a room at the executive mansion.

Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple, who spoke to reporters on Saturday, stressed that they were in the early stages of their investigation and would not provide a timeline on how long the investigation would take, NBC New York reported.

"I have no timeline whatsoever," Apple said, according to the NBC affiliate. "I can tell you I had a female come forward, which was the hardest thing she has ever done, and made a criminal complaint against the governor, and we have a proven record of helping people, and we will do everything in our power to help her."

The case stems from allegations made by a former aide who accused the third-term governor of reaching under her shirt and inappropriately touching her last year while they were in the executive mansion, according to The Associated Press. Speaking with investigators from the state attorney general's office, she also claimed that Cuomo had touched her rear end while they took a photo together. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/566860-cuomo-could-face-misdemeanor-charges-regarding-alleged-groping-case
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34