Author Topic: VIDEO: Why You MUST Go to a Korean BBQ  (Read 333 times)

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
VIDEO: Why You MUST Go to a Korean BBQ
« on: August 07, 2021, 07:12:15 pm »
If you have never gone to a Korean barbecue before you MUST check it out. One big reason is that the dining experience is completely different from a regular barbecue. Why? Well, for one thing you are the cook. Yes, you cook your own food at a Korean barbecue as you can see in this video. Also the cuts of meat and flavors are very different to say nothing of the side orders. Somehow I don't think you will have seaweed or kimchi at a regular barbecue restaurant.

If you have an Korean barbecue restaurants in your area, I highly recommend you check them out. We went to the Chow One Korean Barbecue in Pembroke Pines, FL and the food and service were excellent. In fact I can say I had one of the best steaks in my life. It can best be described as having an exquisite sort of sweet flavor that you might not think would work on steak but it does.

Oh, and one important note. Did you see the scissors in the video? Well, use it. It will make cooking and handling the food much easier. Unfortunately I overlooked that. I did cut the meat up into smaller pieces months ago when I was last there but somehow overlooked doing it this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf9f30b7_W8
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: VIDEO: Why You MUST Go to a Korean BBQ
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 07:45:40 pm »
It may be good, but it doesn't meet my idea of what barbecue is.

“Most people don’t know the difference between barbecuing and grilling,” says Hueston.

https://globalnews.ca/news/1392015/grill-vs-barbecue-do-you-know-the-difference/

“When you barbecue you are cooking with a slow circumvented unit of hot air with the lid closed. Grilling is done with the lid up and you’re cooking with direct heat on the bottom, instead of all around the source.

“You grill a steak and you barbecue a pork butt.”

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 09:05:51 pm »
It may be good, but it doesn't meet my idea of what barbecue is.

Think of it as different. However, Korean BBQ is an INCREDIBLE experience.
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 09:45:46 pm »
It looks nice and I would love to try it, but it is only indirectly related to Korea. In the same way Mexican Restaurants in America are only indirectly related to actual Mexican cuisine.

Spent time around Chinhae and Busan Korea while in the military. Do not want to go into a long discussion on what or how Koreans eat in Korea, other than to say it is not what the video describes at all. Like most Spanish restaurants in America are Tex-Mex, and most Italian restaurants in America are Mc-Italian, that restaurant is Tex-Korean. That is not in any way meant to say that it is not delicious and wonderful, but calling it Korean is only a hook.

They could have called it Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Indonesian, or anything else.
Really ... who would know the difference?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 09:51:40 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 09:56:19 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 11:04:04 pm »
There’s an awesome thing near these in nyc