Author Topic: Informal Institute for National Security Thinkers and Practitioners (8/6)  (Read 74 times)

rangerrebew

Informal Institute for National Security Thinkers and Practitioners

Quotes of the Day:

“I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable I will tolerate; if I find them too obnoxious I will break them, I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”

-Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a harsh Mistress

“Paradoxically, to alter our culture, we must address everything other than culture. As John Kotter describes in Leading Change, culture is not amenable to direct attack. No amount of blue ribbon panels, chain teaching or “innovative activity reports” will change culture. Behavior drives culture. To change the culture, we must change behavior.” 

- Fastabend and Simpson, Adapt or Die, Army Magazine, Feb 2004.

"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

- William James

1. ‘Greater China’ is a harmful myth
2. A Near Press Blackout in Afghanistan
3. The defining lie at the heart of American foreign policy
4. Senior Green Berets debunk mental health rumors, fight stigma in podcast series
5. The West’s ignorance about China in Africa is a feature not a bug
6. Rubio's chilling warning: China has weaponized US ‘corporate lust for profits'
7. How to Integrate Competition and Irregular Warfare

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/8-6-2021-National-Security-News-and-Commentary.html?soid=1114009586911&aid=9z6lI1fdhHQ