Author Topic: ‘This Is Hard To Watch’: Olympian Breaks Down In Tears While Riding Horse That Refuses To Do Much Of  (Read 342 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘This Is Hard To Watch’: Olympian Breaks Down In Tears While Riding Horse That Refuses To Do Much Of Anything

Kendall Tietz
Contributor
August 06, 2021 3:05 PM ET

German olympian Annika Schleu’s dreams were dashed during the riding portion of the modern pentathlon competition when a randomly assigned, unfamiliar horse refused to do many of the required jumps, bringing her to tears mid-event.

Schleu came in fourth in the Women’s pentathlon in the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics and was back in Tokyo to win a title, but she broke down in tears Friday in what one commentator called “an absolute real life nightmare” while riding the random horse she was assigned for the riding portion of the event. Schleu was in the lead in the women’s five-discipline competition heading into the third event.

https://twitter.com/Jason_Keen/status/1423599013308272644

The modern pentathlon, consisting of fencing, swimming, show riding, shooting and running, continued Friday. British pentathlete Kate French won gold.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/06/olympics-tokyo-annika-schleu-pentathlon/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
For her, that has to sound heartbreaking. To have something like that happen out of your control... it just shows the pitfalls of using animals in sport.

For the average viewer, that has to be utterly hilarious. It'd be watching a bull-riding event to have the bull leisurely stroll out of the gate and stand there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The horse took a knee....Maybe Bruce Springsteen can buy that horse for his daughter. She can ride it in her next Olympic try. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

Watching synchronized swimming is bad enough. Watching horses jumping fences is worse.
Who cares about horses at the Olympics? Why not have stock car races if they're going to allow horses?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did someone set her up with a horse that just would not perform, or has this horse performed for other riders?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Did someone set her up with a horse that just would not perform, or has this horse performed for other riders?
According to a friend of mine that rides horses, obviously not at an Olympic level:

The horse rode fine for other riders. Riders are taught to maintain their composure throughout the ride and to be in tune with the horse, because if you don't, it will not cooperate. By losing her cool, she ruined any chance of the horse listening to her. It was a grossly un-Olympic performance on the rider's part, according to her.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

She's jacked up. A lot of air under her ass, not moving forward approaching the jump... Obviously out of sorts... All that transmits to the horse. No wonder he's balking...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I read a german coach was expelled from the Oly's for going Mongo on a horse.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

According to a friend of mine that rides horses, obviously not at an Olympic level:

The horse rode fine for other riders. Riders are taught to maintain their composure throughout the ride and to be in tune with the horse, because if you don't, it will not cooperate. By losing her cool, she ruined any chance of the horse listening to her. It was a grossly un-Olympic performance on the rider's part, according to her.

Yep. Though it is more mechanical than that.