Author Topic: Cruz rips GOP colleagues who are 'complicit' with Biden spending agenda  (Read 97 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz rips GOP colleagues who are 'complicit' with Biden spending agenda
By Alexander Bolton - 08/05/21 07:48 PM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is taking shots at Republican colleagues who are backing a $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill, accusing them of being “complicit” in advancing President Biden’s massive spending agenda and falling into a Democratic trap.

“I don’t think Republicans should be complicit in the ticking inflation bomb we’re facing,” he said.

Cruz on Thursday urged fellow Senate Republicans to step back from the bill, which he warned would exacerbate inflation.

“This bill is a mistake. It continues spending trillions of dollars we don’t have and it is the gateway drug to the Democrats’ reckless tax-and-spend bill next week, trying to spend another $3.5 trillion,” Cruz told The Hill, referring to Democrats’ plans to pass a budget resolution in the next few days to set up a path to pass another major spending package under special reconciliation rules to bypass a GOP filibuster.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/566646-cruz-rips-gop-colleagues-who-are-complicit-with-biden-spending-agenda
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Cruz rips GOP colleagues who are 'complicit' with Biden spending agenda
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 12:59:42 am »
 So let's see ... we have Cruz speaking out, Paul speaking out, and Graham.  Again, where the heck is everyone else and better yet what are they doing??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DB

Re: Cruz rips GOP colleagues who are 'complicit' with Biden spending agenda
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 02:09:57 am »
All that spending gives license to increase taxes under the guise of being "responsible spenders"...

It is insanity.

You can't get more than about 20% out an economy long term. And if you shrink the economy you get even less.

We are not going to survive this with the standard of living we're accustom to. We are consuming ourselves.