Author Topic: Soros bankrolls group pushing to 'dismantle,' replace Minneapolis Police Department  (Read 219 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Soros bankrolls group pushing to 'dismantle,' replace Minneapolis Police Department
The billionaire's Open Society Policy Center gave $500,000 to Vote Yes 4 Minneapolis

Money from liberal billionaire George Soros is fueling an initiative to "dismantle" and replace the Minneapolis Police Department, campaign finance records show.

The Open Society Policy Center, an advocacy nonprofit in Soros' network, provided a $500,000 donation to Vote Yes 4 Minneapolis in November, one month after it was established, the records show. The group, a coalition of at least 33 activist organizations, is pushing a ballot initiative to amend the city charter to replace the police department with a public safety agency.

Since then, Vote Yes 4 Minneapolis has raked in slightly more than $1 million in total cash, according to campaign finance records released Tuesday, with Soros' being the most significant contribution.

"Open Society is a longtime funder of efforts to secure racial justice and equity," an Open Society Policy Center spokesperson told Fox News. "We're proud to support local organizations who are engaging their elected leaders, city officials, and neighbors on how best to achieve community safety and well-being."

"This has included a wide range of approaches to public safety and we defer to the judgment of our grantees on what works best to achieve safe and healthy communities," the spokesperson continued.

Other outside liberal groups have also stepped in to provide significant assistance to the efforts since the time of Soros' donation.............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/george-soros-dismantle-replace-minneapolis-police
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And because of crap like this my sis and bro-in-law just closed on their new house in rural Iowa to get out of the Minneapolis metro.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
And because of crap like this my sis and bro-in-law just closed on their new house in rural Iowa to get out of the Minneapolis metro.

Good for them that they were able to get out.  They are lucky, I would venture to say that many can't afford to leave.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Good for them that they were able to get out.  They are lucky, I would venture to say that many can't afford to leave.

Fortunately they live(d) in an outer suburb and of course the home prices are going thru the roof as people get out of the inner city.

Plus homes are cheaper in rural Iowa so they came out of it great.

I don't know otherwise if they would have been able to pull it off.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Hard to believe that anal orifice is still alive.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

It's not going to matter when he passes, all of his kids will carry out his 'Open Society' legacy through all his foundations and wealth.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When you consider all the people his former masters offed, it's a pity they didn't get him, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

I have a liberal stepdaughter who lives with her family in the TCs suburbs. She has forbidden my wife to mention Soros's name in her presence claiming that reports of Soros's evildoing are just FOX News rumors/propaganda.
She's visiting us tonight with some of our grandchildren. It's tempting to read this story out to her, but I promised my wife I won't do or say anything that might put at risk her seeing her grandchildren.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
I have a liberal stepdaughter who lives with her family in the TCs suburbs. She has forbidden my wife to mention Soros's name in her presence claiming that reports of Soros's evildoing are just FOX News rumors/propaganda.
She's visiting us tonight with some of our grandchildren. It's tempting to read this story out to her, but I promised my wife I won't do or say anything that might put at risk her seeing her grandchildren.

Ohio has a "grandparents' rights" law.
ANYONE who has an established relationship with a child
(even people who are not related!)
can petition a court for visitation rights.
I don't know about other states.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao