Author Topic: Two Texas Dems Who Fled to Block Voting Bills Reportedly Vacationing in Portugal  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Two Texas Dems Who Fled to Block Voting Bills Reportedly Vacationing in Portugal
Martin Walsh August 4, 2021

Rules for thee, but not for me.

Two Texas House Democrats who fled to Washington, D.C., last month to block Republican voting bills are reportedly vacationing in Portugal.

Last month, roughly 60 Democrat members of the state House of Representatives fled Texas to Washington D.C. to block Republicans from advancing new voting laws through a special session of the legislature.

Now, after claiming they were in D.C. to “protect our democracy,” two Democrats have apparently fled to Portugal for vacation.

The Texas Tribune reported:

The Texas House Democratic Caucus could not account Tuesday for two of the members who broke quorum and fled for Washington, D.C., over Republicans’ priority elections bill, while a Texas Monthly reporter said the members were on vacation in Portugal.

State Reps. Julie Johnson of Farmers Branch and Jessica González of Dallas were not with other House Democrats on Tuesday in the nation’s capital, according to a person familiar with the situation.

On Tuesday evening, Texas Monthly reporter Jonathan Tilove tweeted that he “can confirm [Johnson] and her wife & [González] and her fiancé are in Portugal for a vacation they had been planning, with non-refundable tickets, for a year-and-a-half.”

more
https://conservativebrief.com/fled-to-block-47362/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Issue an interpol warrant for their return.

Offline LegalAmerican

I am sure most of us , want them to stay there.  THEY HAVE ABANDONED THEIR POSITIONS ON CONGRESS.  NEXT.  lol
Don't allow them back into USA. They made their choice.  BAN THEM FROM USA.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE 3. LEGISLATIVE DEPARTMENT

Sec. 10.  QUORUM; ADJOURNMENTS FROM DAY TO DAY; COMPELLING ATTENDANCE.  Two-thirds of each House shall constitute a quorum to do business, but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and compel the attendance of absent members, in such manner and under such penalties as each House may provide.

Sec. 11.  RULES OF PROCEDURE; PUNISHMENT OR EXPULSION OF MEMBER.  Each House may determine the rules of its own proceedings, punish members for disorderly conduct, and, with the consent of two-thirds, expel a member, but not a second time for the same offense.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE 3. LEGISLATIVE DEPARTMENT

Sec. 10.  QUORUM; ADJOURNMENTS FROM DAY TO DAY; COMPELLING ATTENDANCE.  Two-thirds of each House shall constitute a quorum to do business, but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and compel the attendance of absent members, in such manner and under such penalties as each House may provide.

Sec. 11.  RULES OF PROCEDURE; PUNISHMENT OR EXPULSION OF MEMBER.  Each House may determine the rules of its own proceedings, punish members for disorderly conduct, and, with the consent of two-thirds, expel a member, but not a second time for the same offense.

:thumbsup:

I love it, if ANYONE...still follows their laws or constitution.  They need some PUNISHMENT.  They abandoned their post.  The WHOLE reason for them being there! 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Doubt very much that Abbott will put up with this very obvious F**k You! to him, to the State of Texas, and to the Rules of Order from the Democrats.

Something is already happening ... even right now as we speak. These Goobers need to be taught that they aren't in California/New York anymore.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Did you catch the two lesbian couples?

Looking at their pic, it is no wonder

On Tuesday evening, Texas Monthly reporter Jonathan Tilove tweeted that he “can confirm [Johnson] and her wife & [González] and her fiancé are in Portugal for a vacation they had been planning, with non-refundable tickets, for a year-and-a-half.”

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 12:30:05 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington