Author Topic: Progressives Suffer Stunning Defeat In Ohio Special Election  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Progressives Suffer Stunning Defeat In Ohio Special Election
« on: August 04, 2021, 01:34:21 pm »
 Progressives Suffer Stunning Defeat In Ohio Special Election

Andrew Trunsky
Political Reporter
August 03, 2021 10:38 PM ET

Nina Turner, a former top aide to Sen. Bernie Sanders and an outspoken progressive activist, suffered a stunning loss Tuesday night to moderate-backed Shontel Brown in her bid to represent Ohio’s 11th Congressional District.

Turner entered the race in December with the highest profile and became the immediate frontrunner, and had the support of well-known figures on the left including Sanders, New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the rest of the “Squad.” But Brown, the chair of the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party, surged in the final weeks before the special election’s primary, securing major endorsements from the Congressional Black Caucus and figures like Hillary Clinton and House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, and polls subsequently showed the race tightening.

Brown led Turner 50.1% to 44.4% when the latter conceded the race just after 10 p.m.: “This campaign on this night, we will not cross the river,” she said. But she blamed her loss on outside groups that had uniformly aligned themselves against her.

“I am going to work hard to ensure that something like this doesn’t happen to another progressive candidate again,” Turner vowed. “We didn’t lose this race, evil money manipulated and maligned this election.”

Turner’s loss mirrors recent progressive defeats in congressional and municipal races across the country.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/03/nina-turner-shontel-brown-ohio-congress-special-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Progressives Suffer Stunning Defeat In Ohio Special Election
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 01:36:01 pm »
Turner vowed. “We didn’t lose this race, evil money manipulated and maligned this election.”

:silly:

No dear; just like Rapinoe, you lost because of you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 01:39:13 pm »
I notice she didn't blame electoral cheating.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 01:40:32 pm »
But she blamed her loss on outside groups that had uniformly aligned themselves against her.

Losers in elections, and in life, never look inward but always blame others for their miserable performances.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 06:25:12 am »
I notice she didn't blame electoral cheating.
Maybe if they'd done a better job of it she would not have lost. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis