Author Topic: Biden’s CDC to impose rent moratorium extension that he admits is probably unconstitutional  (Read 259 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 4, 2021
Biden’s CDC to impose rent moratorium extension that he admits is probably unconstitutional
By Thomas Lifson

In a presidency characterized by incoherent ramblings, the events yesterday represent a new level of muddle-headedness.  Congress failed to extend the rent moratorium that expired August 1, and the Supreme Court already has indicated that an extension would be unconstitutional. But yesterday, President Biden pretended that the CDC is not under his control and swept aside the bulk of constitutional scholarship, as the Washington Post reported:

In remarks to reporters shortly before the CDC made its announcement, Biden acknowledged that the move was likely to be subject to court challenge and appeared to express doubt about the legality of the move. He even said scholars he consulted felt the measure was probably not constitutional.

"I have been informed [the CDC is] about to make a judgment as to potential other options. Whether that option will pass constitutional measure with this administration, I can't tell you. I don't know," Biden said. "The bulk of the constitutional scholarship says that it's not likely to pass constitutional muster. … But there are several key scholars who think that it may and it's worth the effort."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/08/bidens_cdc_to_impose_rent_moratorium_extension_that_he_admits_is_probably_unconstitutional.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When Shortbus Joe said it was unconstitutional, he also promised to tie it up in the courts long enough to break the Landlords.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Still, a landlord has to file suit, get an injunction, anything.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Still, a landlord has to file suit, get an injunction, anything.

Sure.  A landlord can count on his case coming up, right after he files for bankruptcy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

Gosh, I wonder why rent is soaring?  Maybe he should impose rent controls, so a third of Americans can live in a tent. 

Offline cato potatoe

This is outrageous, banana republic stuff ... and Biden is involved in a clear violation of a recent Supreme Court order.  Republicans need to introduce articles of impeachment.

Online corbe

With Biden’s Illegal ‘Eviction Moratorium’ Democrats Openly Embrace Lawlessness

The president knows what he ordered the CDC to do is illegal. He did it anyway to appease the left wing of his party.

By John Daniel Davidson
AUGUST 5, 2021

An astonishing thing happened this week in Washington that didn’t get much critical coverage from a media establishment loath to criticize President Biden. At the behest of congressional Democrats, Biden flouted the Constitution and broke his oath of office by issuing a ban on evictions that he and his advisers know to be illegal.

By “ban on evictions” I mean the president issued a blatantly unconstitutional decree that renters all across America don’t have to pay rent. If landlords try to evict tenants for not paying rent, they could face criminal penalties including fines and imprisonment.

The eviction moratorium is one of the most important stories of the COVID-19 lockdowns but also one of the least covered, partly because its effects are so diffuse and partly because the left doesn’t want to draw undue attention to its evisceration of property rights under the guise of public health.

But the way all this has gone down illustrates a deeply disturbing reality about the Democrats running the pandemic response in Washington: They’re lawless, and as the pandemic drags on, they’re becoming bolder about it.

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2021/08/05/with-bidens-illegal-eviction-moratorium-democrats-openly-embrace-lawlessness/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
CDC is an advisory agency.  It never ever ever had any enforcement capabilities These pukes are making things up on the fly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

What major initiative has Biden put forward that isn't constitutionally questionable?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I used to own rental property, and based on most local laws, it is set up to make it very very difficult to bounce dead beat or destructive tenants.  Shit like this, is just another reason I rejoice ridding that garbage out of my portfolio.

Lot's of less hassle ways to invest and make money.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

I used to own rental property, and based on most local laws, it is set up to make it very very difficult to bounce dead beat or destructive tenants.  Shit like this, is just another reason I rejoice ridding that garbage out of my portfolio.

Lot's of less hassle ways to invest and make money.

Of course, that's all part of the plan, drive away private landlords, so all rental property is in the hands of a few.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cato complained:
"Maybe he should impose rent controls, so a third of Americans can live in a tent."

Be patient, comrade citizen.
The Party will take care of that in due time.

Offline LMAO

Gosh, I wonder why rent is soaring?  Maybe he should impose rent controls, so a third of Americans can live in a tent.

There’s a video of the squad dancing after Biden caved to them

Let’s see if they’re dancing down the road when they find out they’ve just exacerbated a homeless problem because rent is sky high

I predict that they’ll try to push for rent control
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy