Author Topic: St. Louis Is One Of The Most Dangerous Cities In America — One Woman May Be A Big Reason Why  (Read 1084 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
St. Louis Is One Of The Most Dangerous Cities In America — One Woman May Be A Big Reason Why

Andrew Trunsky
Political Reporter
August 02, 2021 11:13 AM ET

As violent crime increases in St. Louis, residents’ outrage towards Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner appears to be growing as well.

Gardner, who assumed office at the beginning of 2017 on a progressive platform, is St. Louis’ top prosecutor. But she has taken an extremely lax approach to actually prosecuting violent criminals, angering residents and victims’ family members.

Since taking assuming her role Gardner’s office has dismissed 30% of felony convictions, over double what it was before she started, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported last week. Last year her office dismissed 36% of all felony cases, a new high.

Her office has also shown a seeming sense of incompetency, resulting in even more felony cases being thrown out.

Earlier this month a St. Louis judge was forced to drop murder charges against an accused killer after a prosecutor from Gardner’s office missed court hearing in May, June and July, according to local outlet Fox 2 Now, which reported that the prosecutor was on maternity leave. The charges were dropped as two other cases were also thrown out due to unprepared or absent prosecutors.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/02/st-louis-kim-gardner-david-dorn/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 St. Louis Mayor Tishaura O. Jones has blood on her hands. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wingnut said:
"St. Louis Mayor Tishaura O. Jones..."

No self-respecting Euro-American would live in a municipality that had someone named "Tishaura" as mayor...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wingnut said:

No self-respecting Euro-American would live in a municipality that had someone named "Tishaura" as mayor...

When you vote for a person because of the color of their skin, rather than the content of their character.... it happens.

Offline Kamaji

Tough shit, St. Louis - you reap what you sow.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
St. Louis Is One Of The Most Dangerous Cities In America — One Woman May Be A Big Reason Why

Andrew Trunsky
Political Reporter
August 02, 2021 11:13 AM ET

As violent crime increases in St. Louis, residents’ outrage towards Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner appears to be growing as well.

@mystery-ak

Gee,I wonder what the ethnic background is of the people whose cases were dismissed?

Think MAYBE they were the Dims prefered ethnic group for revolutionaries and rioters?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tough shit, St. Louis - you reap what you sow.

@Kamaji

Truth to tell,I don't think there has been a time in American history when St Louis WASN'T a dangerous place.

Offline LegalAmerican

Wingnut said:

888high58888. And we can't say, what the real problem IS. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
888high58888. And we can't say, what the real problem IS. 

@LegalAmerican

No big deal because we all know,and it no longer needs to be said.

Offline PeteS in CA

More context here, https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,443204.0.html . Gardner seems more interested in attacking and hamstringing police officers than she is in protecting law-abiding people by getting criminals off the streets.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
More context here, https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,443204.0.html . Gardner seems more interested in attacking and hamstringing police officers than she is in protecting law-abiding people by getting criminals off the streets.

There is more money in it. These politicians are usually too stupid to hide their crimes.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@LegalAmerican

No big deal because we all know,and it no longer needs to be said.
Actually, it needs to be painted in two lane high letters down the streets...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
STL is 3 hours south of me. Used to love to go there.

Stopped because the place is scary as he'll anymore. Looks like a rundown rat dump from some dystopian movie.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
STL is 3 hours south of me. Used to love to go there.

Stopped because the place is scary as he'll anymore. Looks like a rundown rat dump from some dystopian movie.

@Free Vulcan

In one of my drunken/drugged stupors of the early to mid 70's,I once suddenly entered sobriety and discovered I was in East St.Louis around midnight,and it was like being the only white man in Mogadishu. 55 gallon trash drums out in the street with fires in them,cooking something,people walking right out in the streets,and not a single cop anywhere in sight.

And me with a "support your local police" bumper sticker on my 68 Pontiac.

Everybody staring at me,like they were trying to decide if I was REALLY a cop,or if it was safe to kill and eat me.

To make matters worse,all I had was a 6 shot 38 Special,and no reloads.

My last clear memory before that was going to a party in Virginia. I immediately promised myself I would start getting slightly less high in the future.

Offline LegalAmerican

Actually, it needs to be painted in two lane high letters down the streets...

Thank you.  Pretending never solved anything.   :bighug:

Offline mountaineer

Truth to tell,I don't think there has been a time in American history when St Louis WASN'T a dangerous place.
I moved away in 1991, and it was really bad then.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

I moved away in 1991, and it was really bad then.

My college roomie was from East St. Louis IL.  It was rough in that town too... but even he would not go across the river unless to a Cardinals game....on a weekend...during the day. 

Offline mountaineer

I had friends in the Central West End (near where the McCloskeys live) and was nervous every time I visited, even though there was a gate at both ends of their street.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yeah, but watch out if you are a gun owning homeowner comfronting BLM/Antifa rioters.  She'll prosecute you past the intent of the law.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish growled:
"watch out if you are a gun owning homeowner comfronting BLM/Antifa rioters.  She'll prosecute you past the intent of the law."

Once again, I have to post this prediction:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,407004.msg2241037.html#msg2241037

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, but watch out if you are a gun owning homeowner comfronting BLM/Antifa rioters.  She'll prosecute you past the intent of the law.
IIRC, the Governor has pardoned the McCloskeys.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

IIRC, the Governor has pardoned the McCloskeys.

IIRC, they pled guilty to minor charges, just to get the mess over with. The governor then pardoned them. The problem not directly mentioned is that a falsely charged person found not guilty or, as in their case, pardoned, has spent 10s of thousands of dollars or more of their own money defending themselves. The abusive prosecutor spent taxpayers' money and almost never risks consequences greater than being voted out of office in the next election. In Gardner's case, that risk is probably fairly low.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Major American cities with black, female mayors:

Washington, DC - Muriel Bowser
Atlanta, GA - Keisha Lance Bottoms
Baltimore, MD - Catherine Pugh
San Francisco, CA - London Breed
New Orleans, LA - LaToya Cantrell
Charlotte, NC - Vi Alexander Lyles

I am not claiming either cause or effect here, but how are those cities doing, in terms of jobs, crime, education, and citizen health?

Charlotte is quite certainly the best... and it ain't that great.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

Major American cities with black, female mayors:

Washington, DC - Muriel Bowser
Atlanta, GA - Keisha Lance Bottoms
Baltimore, MD - Catherine Pugh
San Francisco, CA - London Breed
New Orleans, LA - LaToya Cantrell
Charlotte, NC - Vi Alexander Lyles

I am not claiming either cause or effect here, but how are those cities doing, in terms of jobs, crime, education, and citizen health?

Charlotte is quite certainly the best... and it ain't that great.

I can certainly understand why you omitted Mayor Beetlejuice from your list.

Black? Possibly. Female? C'mon.

The big problem here is many of these cities, filled with obviously ignorant voters, control electoral votes of entire states.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 01:48:42 pm by skeeter »

Offline andy58-in-nh

I can certainly understand why you omitted Mayor Beetlejuice from your list.

Black? Possibly. Female? C'mon.

The big problem here is many of these cities, filled with obviously ignorant voters, control electoral votes of entire states.

Mayor Beetlejuice? Wait... who did I forget?

Oh, yeah: Chicago, IL - Lori Lightfoot.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 02:13:17 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn