Author Topic: AMA to Urge End of Sex ID on All Birth Certificates  (Read 1037 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
AMA to Urge End of Sex ID on All Birth Certificates
« on: August 01, 2021, 01:03:56 pm »
National Review By Wesley J. Smith July 31, 2021

It is astonishing how the transgender moral panic has swept actual science aside. The American Medical Association Board of Trustees (BOT) just passed a resolution that will have the AMA lobbying to end the designation of sex in all future birth certificates.

The resolution distinguishes between the “Certificate of Live Birth” — which is used for simple data collection and vital statistics — and a “Birth Certificate,” which is proof for the born person that he or she was indeed born. (Can I still say that?)

The AMA wants biological sex recorded for the former as a private matter of record-keeping. But it will now urge that birth-certificate forms carry no designation of sex to prevent future discrimination based on identity and to allow the person to decide later what sex they really are. From the June 2021 BOT recommendation 15:

Vital statistics data is a fundamental source of health information. In the U.S., the Standard Certificates of Live Birth form is the primary means by which uniformity of data collection and processing is achieved. Birth certificates, on the other hand, are issued by the government to individuals as proof of birth. Sex designation, as collected through the standard form and included on the birth certificate, refers to the biological difference between males and females. Today, the majority of states (48) and the District of Columbia allow people to amend their sex designation on their birth certificate to reflect their individual gender identities, but only 10 states allow for a gender-neutral designation, typically “X,” on the birth certificate.

More: https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/ama-to-urge-end-of-sex-id-on-all-birth-certificates/?utm_source=blog-landing&utm_medium=desktop&utm_campaign=continue-reading

Online mountaineer

Re: AMA to Urge End of Sex ID on All Birth Certificates
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 01:25:45 pm »
Science.  22222frying pan
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 01:30:07 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 01:32:48 pm »
Ridiculous

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 01:42:19 pm »
You can't know where you are going unless you know from where one began your journey.

These educated idiots at the AMA are pushing an agenda under the guise of science. 

Another reason in my list of reasons not to trust institutional "science"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 02:07:01 pm »

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 05:32:34 pm »
I'd like to see the AMA try to push this gender nonsense or Russia or China.  They both have "unique" places for people they consider lunatics. :yowsa:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 06:13:56 pm »
The AMA represents a small fraction of the doctors in America and have proven repeatedly that they are for the most part the radical segment pushing an unpopular agenda, otherwise if they were mainstream they would have a larger growing membership so give a flying fig what twattle they push.

Wikipedia- The American Medical Association (AMA) is a professional association and lobbying group of physicians and medical students. It was founded in 1847, is based in Chicago, Illinois, and has over 240,000 members.[4][5]

So let's break it down further and take a closer look at the AMA's membership numbers ... -- there are 1,341,682 physicians/medical students/residents/Fellows in the U.S. today -- there are 250,253 AMA members. According to the AMA's own numbers, 22.5% of AMA members are students and 24.7% are residents (this number in 2016 was 235,000 or 1/6th of America's physicians).
https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/campbells-scoop/80583

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 06:51:45 pm »
The AMA represents a small fraction of the doctors in America and have proven repeatedly that they are for the most part the radical segment pushing an unpopular agenda, otherwise if they were mainstream they would have a larger growing membership so give a flying fig what twattle they push.

It goes to show that the politically active in any group of people are going to veer to the left because political activism is often a manifestation of a neurotic need for power and control over other people.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 06:56:42 pm »
Repeating; Principled Conservatism is a body of eternal precepts governing Human Conduct totally independent
of economics, politics and religion, each of which it pre-dates by hundreds of thousands of years.
At it's core is the precept that the Family Unit of Father, Mother and Children are the bedrock, foundation of
civilization, culture/society of the nation/state.
Derivative are the rules that abortion, homosexuality, transgenderism and related psychoses are destructive of
the Family Unit; as such, Haram, to be forbidden and punished w/finality!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 10:42:55 pm »
Sounds like the ABA (American Bar Association). As a young lawyer many years ago, I debated joining, but the Lt. Gov. of our state - a Democrat, no less, but not at all a leftist - told me not to waste my money, that it was a joke of an organization.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:47:06 pm by mountaineer »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2021, 11:43:32 pm »
Just remember they are opposed to the off-label use of Hydroxychloroquine for COVID...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 02:25:45 am »
"Mr and Mrs Dufus are happy to annouce they are leaving the hospital today with baby Whatever Dufus."

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 02:55:39 am »
"Mr and Mrs Dufus are happy to annouce they are leaving the hospital today with baby Whatever Dufus."

NOPE!

That'd be Dufus and Dufus are happy...depending on how they identify,  that is... :shrug: **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 01:37:03 pm »
Good to know AMA-member doctors don't believe there are two sexes. If I visit my OB-Gyn, will I be subjected to a prostate test?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 02:13:45 pm »
The Liberal's war on objective reality will fail.
No person, no group, is more powerful than reality.
A woman cannot become a cat no matter how much she "believes" she is a cat.
A horse cannot become a unicorn no matter how much people "wish" it would.

Liberals actually believe that they can shape/change reality with their minds.
And they are right, but only in their own minds.
Doctors used to call this, delusional fantasy. But today, it is accepted as normal.
Well, at least they are attempting to make "pretend time" normal. (sshhhh! pretend he is a woman)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2021, 05:09:10 pm »
Good to know AMA-member doctors don't believe there are two sexes. If I visit my OB-Gyn, will I be subjected to a prostate test?
I wonder if any Translunatic males that identify as female have remembered to schedule their pap smear test :pondering:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 05:14:45 pm »
I wonder if any Translunatic males that identify as female have remembered to schedule their pap smear test :pondering:
Not sure if they can do that while they are having their period.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2021, 05:17:14 pm »
I don't blame the trannies for pushing this nonsense. After all,if I were insane,I would want people to consider me normal,also.

I don't even blame the politicians who support this. They are just whores,doing what whores have done since the beginning of time.

I DO blame the MD's and the judges that go along with it,though. They are supposed to be educated,knowledgeable men and women who are following science,logic,and law. There is just NO excuse for their conduct.

What next? Are they going to declare daytime to be nighttime,up to be down,and liquid to be powder?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 05:18:13 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2021, 06:30:27 pm »
This birth certificate suggestion is an assault on Human Nature, the Creation of the Almighty.
In an imaginary time, this could be ignored/laughed off as an attempt at humor but not now.
These are dangerous times across our nation, w/the ascendancy of the forces of destruction
and disintegration, a reality on daily display in the media.
The grave danger is that those opposed are little more than a gaggle of unserious political
jackasses seeking attention, as usual.
Destructive behavior ends when it is punished w/finality; sending a lima charlie message.

Offline berdie

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2021, 08:01:19 pm »
There are so many stupid things going on right now my tiny brain can't process it all. But, this I know is in the top two of stupid things.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2021, 08:07:57 pm »
I'm kind of feeling like a dog today....tomorrow I might be a bird....   :banghead:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2021, 01:14:19 am »
sneakypete, don't give the wackos any ideas.

John Hopkins has it right.  They now recognize those with gender disphoria as having a mental disorder. 

But hey, aberrant behavior is now celebrated.  Our children are taught it is perfectly ok to be gay.  I did not even know such a thing existed until I was about 14 years of age.  I could not imagine anyone desiring someone of the same sex up to that point of my life.  I had a rather innocent childhood.  However, in my humble opinion, it is NOT OK.  It is destructive behavior for a society. 

This simple act alone proves solidly that American doctors are dumb as a box of rocks. 

Offline thackney

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2021, 12:08:24 pm »
...John Hopkins has had it right.  They now previously recognize those with gender disphoria as having a mental disorder....

Long shadow cast by psychiatrist on transgender issues finally recedes at Johns Hopkins
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/long-shadow-cast-by-psychiatrist-on-transgender-issues-finally-recedes-at-johns-hopkins/2017/04/05/e851e56e-0d85-11e7-ab07-07d9f521f6b5_story.html

Nearly four decades after he derailed a pioneering transgender program at Johns Hopkins Hospital with his views on “guilt-ridden homosexual men,” psychiatrist Paul McHugh is seeing his institution come full circle with the resumption of gender-reassignment surgeries.

McHugh, the hospital’s chief of psychiatry from 1975 to 2001, still believes that being transgender is largely a psychological problem, not a biological phenomenon. And with the title of university distinguished service professor at Johns Hopkins Medicine, he continues to wield enormous influence in certain circles and is quoted frequently on gender issues in conservative media.

“I’m not against transgender people,” he said recently, stressing that he is “anxious they get the help they need.” But such help should be psychiatric rather than surgical, he maintains.

Hopkins, however, is moving beyond McHugh. This summer, it will formally open a transgender health service and will resume, after a 38-year hiatus, an accompanying surgical program....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2021, 12:11:51 pm »
Gender dysphoria is a purely psychological disorder and should be addressed as such, not through indulging the disorder, pandering to it, or through surgery.