Author Topic: The Biden era is a wretched repeat of our 1960s and ’70s crises  (Read 205 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why do I feel that I have seen this movie before?

I would like to think that learning is cumulative. But I’m beginning to think that every generation or two, people need to learn all over again the lessons that have unaccountably been forgotten or tossed aside. The elderly among us can see this, even as young people are ­inclined to insist that they are experiencing things never before experienced by humans, that this time will be different.

Let’s take it issue by issue:

https://nypost.com/2021/07/30/the-biden-era-is-a-wretched-repeat-of-our-1960s-and-70s-crises/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Re: The Biden era is a wretched repeat of our 1960s and ’70s crises
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 05:56:03 pm »

I would like to think that learning is cumulative. But I’m beginning to think that every generation or two, people need to learn all over again the lessons that have unaccountably been forgotten or tossed aside. The elderly among us can see this, even as young people are ­inclined to insist that they are experiencing things never before experienced by humans, that this time will be different.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/30/the-biden-era-is-a-wretched-repeat-of-our-1960s-and-70s-crises/

Certainly we are witnessing another Carter era but worse. The DEMS are all bat crap crazy regardless of age though. They are completely out of control.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 06:48:05 pm »
Certainly we are witnessing another Carter era but worse. The DEMS are all bat crap crazy regardless of age though. They are completely out of control.

And now we're seeing Johnson era destruction of the cities by racists who happen to be black.  The Article Title is apropos.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 08:33:49 pm »
Best thing out of that time period was the rock music I listened to, mostly by guys not much older than me.

I find lots of young people today still playing it.

Or sometimes ballads come back to reminisce on

http://youtu.be/qfZVu0alU0I
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:35:33 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 08:52:05 pm »

A theme gene rodenberry seemed to be fond of was that as we ‘evolved’ our heads would grow larger, and we would eventually communicate telepathically by making our temples flutter.

It is fortunate he did not live long enough to see the truth, that is rather than the movie Star Trek the end of mankind will more closely align with Beetlejuice’ fate in the movie of the same name.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 01:52:46 pm »
This era is worse

At least in the 1970’s, the government acknowledged that both crime and inflation were a problem
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 07:53:50 am »
This era is worse

At least in the 1970’s, the government acknowledged that both crime and inflation were a problem
In the 60s and 70s looters risked being shot by National Guard troops.

But the redux has been going on since the Obama Administration, because its the only way to gin up the race war the totalitarians crave.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis