Author Topic: How much worse can the coronavirus get?  (Read 1458 times)

Offline art.prout

Re: How much worse can the coronavirus get?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2021, 12:59:29 am »
I called it from the get-go, Day one. So did Tumpy at the start... Too bad he folded on it.

And me and @Absalom tend to see eye to eye. There ain't many who will beat him at historical Conservatism.

You are damn right about that!

I don't know if he was fool enough to listen to the idiots surrounding him, or if he made a political calculation (wrt re-election), that influenced his poor performance.  Neither one reflects well on him.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2021, 01:05:59 am »
You are damn right about that!

I don't know if he was fool enough to listen to the idiots surrounding him, or if he made a political calculation (wrt re-election), that influenced his poor performance.  Neither one reflects well on him.

To be fair, it was a trick bag, and a long bet. He bet short and lost.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2021, 01:10:17 am »

That sums it up.

:yowsa:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2021, 01:18:22 am »

I think he connected the dots early on between China and Biden and only later realized that Fauci was in on the corruption. He did what needed to be done based on information that he was given. I believe Trump did an excellent job with the cards that he was dealt and no other president in modern history had to deal with a pandemic. The shutdowns were left up to the states and those recommendations were based on the information from the CDC, WHO and Fauci ...lies, lies and more lies. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2021, 01:25:34 am »
I think he connected the dots early on between China and Biden and only later realized that Fauci was in on the corruption. He did what needed to be done based on information that he was given. I believe Trump did an excellent job with the cards that he was dealt and no other president in modern history had to deal with a pandemic. The shutdowns were left up to the states and those recommendations were based on the information from the CDC, WHO and Fauci ...lies, lies and more lies.
He tried to plow through with the hand he was dealt and prevail by being effective. But you don't beat the bureaucracy that way. In fact there is no beating the bureaucracy as long as the MSM acts as their mouthpiece.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2021, 01:26:04 am »
How much worse can the coronavirus get?

Coronavirus isn't the problem.  The question is, "How much worse can the government get?"

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2021, 01:29:59 am »

Right. Except it wasn't a pandemic.
And if he didn't know what Fauci was, that's on him.
And he shut the freaking country OFF. HE SHUT IT THE HELL OFF.

No excuse. And every failed business from that moment on is on him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2021, 01:43:41 am »
He tried to plow through with the hand he was dealt and prevail by being effective. But you don't beat the bureaucracy that way. In fact there is no beating the bureaucracy as long as the MSM acts as their mouthpiece.

@skeeter

You are wasting your time trying to reason with those people. They hate Trump because they see him as a rude Billionaire,and even if Jesus himself were to return to Earth and endorse Trump,they would still hate him and refuse to vote for him.

After all,he has bad manners,is a Billionaire born into money,and has a beautiful younger wife.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2021, 01:46:15 am »
Right. Except it wasn't a pandemic.
And if he didn't know what Fauci was, that's on him.
And he shut the freaking country OFF. HE SHUT IT THE HELL OFF.

No excuse. And every failed business from that moment on is on him.

The shutdown was voluntary and left up to the states. Yes, the states listened to what the CDC, WHO and Fauci recommended and pushed and Trump as well, suggested a time period to shutdown, but he did not mandate that states shutdown. After states shutdown he tried to mandate re-opening the economy and received pushback from governors that he didn't have that authority, that's when team Fauci stepped in and suggested phased re-opening which them Trump announced.

How the heck Fauci wound up being the "king" and authority on the pandemic is beyond me. He was in on the 'hype' even before the virus took hold on the U.S.  Trump was smart enough to close down travel from China and he was ridiculed at first for that effort.

You can blame and thank the shutdown on team Fauci.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-ap-top-news-politics-united-states-c90b24e60a4853cebe96ec995b626f9b

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/trump-resists-national-shutdown-leaving-it-up-to-states

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/03/trump-says-nationwide-lockdown-would-ultimately-inflict-more-harm-than-it-would-prevent.html

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/salpal/can-president-trump-countermand-state-and-local-closing-and-stay-at-home-orders-a-constitutional-overview/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2021, 02:00:30 am »
@skeeter

You are wasting your time trying to reason with those people. They hate Trump because they see him as a rude Billionaire,and even if Jesus himself were to return to Earth and endorse Trump,they would still hate him and refuse to vote for him.

I know, I ain't talking to them. Someone has to provide a realistic assessment.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2021, 02:12:51 am »
I called it from the get-go, Day one. So did Tumpy at the start... Too bad he folded on it.

And me and @Absalom tend to see eye to eye. There ain't many who will beat him at historical Conservatism.

Yes, his grasp of ancient history is the best (and I mean that sincerely, no sarcasm implied).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2021, 02:44:11 am »
You can blame and thank the shutdown on team Fauci.

Yeah... With Tumpy standing right there next to him.

Whatever.

I am not into excuses. Allowing the country to be shut off is unconscionable.
Giving them the foot in the door that turned 'a few weeks' unto a year and a half is unforgivable.

I get that he started out right on it, but he folded. There is no two ways about it.
That anyone would feel the need to defend him for it is beyond me.

He WRECKED the country. Maybe he did it with the best of intentions. Doesn't matter. The country is still wrecked.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2021, 02:53:04 am »
Yeah... With Tumpy standing right there next to him.

Whatever.

I am not into excuses. Allowing the country to be shut off is unconscionable.
Giving them the foot in the door that turned 'a few weeks' unto a year and a half is unforgivable.

I get that he started out right on it, but he folded. There is no two ways about it.
That anyone would feel the need to defend him for it is beyond me.

He WRECKED the country. Maybe he did it with the best of intentions. Doesn't matter. The country is still wrecked.

The governors shut down the states. They were also responsible for reopening.  DeSantis and Abbot were strongly criticized for opening to soon.  They are still being targeted.

I am not making excuses for Trump, only clarifying .

As far as wrecking the country, his failure to invoke the Insurrection Act allowed mob rule and the leftists to get the upper hand.  Others disagree strongly with that, but that's my perspective.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 02:58:03 am by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2021, 02:55:26 am »
@skeeter

After all,he has bad manners,is a Billionaire born into money,and has a beautiful younger wife.

No @sneakypete

I refuse to vote for him because he spends like an aircraft carrier full of drunken sailors. He did real and lasting damage to fiscal conservatism and libertarianism that won't ever rub  off.

That is two of three root causes of political Conservatism.
Oh hell no I won't let that go. And not a damn one of you should expect me to.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2021, 02:58:40 am »
The governors shut down the states. They were also responsible for reopening.  DeSantis and Abbot were strongly criticized for opening to soon.  They are still being targeted.

I am not making excuses for Trump, only clarifying .

Yeah... it's not that they were following his lead as he stood there daiiy right next to Fauci. Don't worry, I blame the governors too (most of em) for listening to Tump. But there he was, right at the tippy top.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2021, 03:03:07 am »
Yeah... it's not that they were following his lead as he stood there daiiy right next to Fauci. Don't worry, I blame the governors too (most of em) for listening to Tump. But there he was, right at the tippy top.

Yes he led the country in that perspective and in my perspective he did well but failed later to invoke the Insurrection Act.

Where to go from here is what needs to be figured out.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2021, 03:08:31 am »
Yes he led the country in that perspective and in my perspective he did well but failed later to invoke the Insurrection Act.

Where to go from here is what needs to be figured out.

Well in my mind it sure as hell ain't voting for more.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2021, 04:33:39 am »
@skeeter

I agree.  ALL ABOUT ENVY....the root of all evil.  I support POTUS TRUMP.  He is on Rumble. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2021, 04:34:41 am »
I know, I ain't talking to them. Someone has to provide a realistic assessment.

Yes.  WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2021, 04:53:11 am »
I agree.  ALL ABOUT ENVY....the root of all evil.  I support POTUS TRUMP.  He is on Rumble.

NO it is not. It is all about massive damage to Conservatism, as I have said many times before.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2021, 04:57:58 am »
My last post on this......FOR FUN. 
---------------------------
Former President Donald Trump’s political committees raised $82 million during the first half of 2021 and have $102 million in the bank, according to federal filings to be made public Saturday evening.

The figures, shared first with POLITICO, underscore the profound reach of Trump’s fundraising power. While the former president is out of office and has been deplatformed on social media sites, he maintains a massive online donor network that he could lean on should he wage a 2024 comeback bid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... =Peregrine

Offline LMAO

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2021, 01:45:21 pm »
NO it is not. It is all about massive damage to Conservatism, as I have said many times before.

@roamer_1

Forget that particular poster

It’s tough to counter emotional attachments even though the facts are on your side

I don’t like to Monday morning quarterback but Fauci should have been fired last year

The inflation we are seeing today also is on Trump’s shoulders

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 01:47:26 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2021, 01:58:48 pm »
@roamer_1

It’s tough to counter emotional attachments even though the facts are on your side

I don’t like to Monday morning quarterback but Fauci should have been fired last year

@LMAO

Yeah,everything is Bad Orange Man's fault because he was born into wealth,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2021, 02:30:53 pm »
@roamer_1

That's it, ain't it?  I guess I don't get how folks get so emotionally attached... He is in there to do a job. And he utterly failed to do it, at least from a Conservative perspective. Why is that so hard to swallow? Ran into it with Bush fans too.

The minute he was tied to the lab at Wuhan, for SURE.

You bet it is. Inflation is a trailing indicator. Blaming it on Biteme is largely disingenuous or ignorant. Biteme is at fault too, and has his share. But also Tumpy. Maybe mostly Tumpy.

Hard telling for me - This nonsense started in Bushs 2nd term. And every president thereafter has performed lunatic levels of upmanship. But it does seem like the thing hit critical mass in Tump. My grocery bill has been going up for the past year, easy.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2021, 02:36:49 pm »
@LMAO

Yeah,everything is Bad Orange Man's fault because he was born into wealth,right?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy