Author Topic: Florida coronavirus cases jump 50% as surge continues  (Read 961 times)

Offline libertybele

Florida coronavirus cases jump 50% as surge continues
« on: July 31, 2021, 12:33:15 am »
Interesting. Latest stats shows that FL has a 49.9% vaccination rate! So can we expect that the surge will drop??  I do disagree with his statement about be in indoors -- lots of people enjoy the heat and many own pools.  The surge IMO is coming from the influx of people moving into the state and illegals.

Florida coronavirus cases jump 50% as surge continues

Florida’s coronavirus cases jumped 50% this week, the state Health Department reported Friday, continuing a six-week surge that has seen it responsible for 1 in 5 new infections nationally, becoming the outbreak’s epicenter.

The release came shortly after Gov. Ron DeSantis barred school districts from requiring students to wear masks when classes resume next month.

More than 110,000 new coronavirus cases were reported statewide over the past week, up from 73,000 last week and 11 times the 10,000 reported the week of June 11, six weeks ago. Case numbers are now back to where they were in January, just before vaccinations became widely available.

The Florida Hospital Association also said Friday that statewide COVID-19 hospitalizations are nearing last year’s peak. More than 9,300 patients are hospitalized, up from 1,845 a month ago and nearing the record 10,179 set on July 23, 2020. On a per capita basis, Florida now has more people hospitalized than any other state.

The state reported 409 deaths this week, bringing the total to more than 39,000 since its first in March 2020. The state’s peak happened in mid-August 2020, when 1,266 people died over a seven-day period. Deaths usually follow increases in hospitalizations by a few weeks.

DeSantis has blamed the surge on a seasonal increase — more Floridians are indoors because of the hot weather with air conditioning circulating the virus. About 60% of Floridians 12 and older are vaccinated, ranking it about midway among the states.

DeSantis said his executive order barring mask mandates at schools will improve students’ experience and make it easier for them to focus on learning.

“I have (three) young kids. My wife and I are not going to do the mask with the kids. We never have; we won’t. I want to see my kids smiling. I want them having fun,” DeSantis said at a news conference in southwest Florida a few hours before he signed the executive order. DeSantis is seeking reelection next year and has been positioning himself nationally for a possible 2024 presidential bid.

DeSantis also contended there is no evidence masks prevent outbreaks at schools, which is at odds with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines recommending “universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status.”

His critics say his unwillingness to mandate mask-wearing endangers the health of students and staff..............

https://www.winknews.com/2021/07/30/florida-coronavirus-cases-jump-50-as-surge-continues/
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:34:45 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Florida coronavirus cases jump 50% as surge continues
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 12:39:11 am »
They do love to play with the statics to make their case. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 12:47:36 am »
They do love to play with the statics to make their case.

Exactly.  Where's the data?  How many of these cases are people who have been vaccinated?? How many are residents and how many are tourists?  How many have just moved here??

My bet is that, that data is unknown especially since the FL Dept. of Health no longer has that data up on the website and I believe that they are no longer keeping track; by county, etc.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:49:19 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 01:02:46 am »
Exactly.  Where's the data?  How many of these cases are people who have been vaccinated?? How many are residents and how many are tourists?  How many have just moved here??

My bet is that, that data is unknown especially since the FL Dept. of Health no longer has that data up on the website and I believe that they are no longer keeping track; by county, etc.

And how many were infected illegals deliberately shipped there to create the numbers?
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 09:59:10 pm »
Are there Florida fleebaggers roaming around infecting people like those from Texas?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 10:05:59 pm »
Can we trust the ones administering and doing the tests?  Maybe 'they' want Florida to look bad.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 10:10:33 pm »
Maybe 'they' want Florida to look bad.

That is a given. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 10:14:21 pm »
That is a given.

Has absolutely nothing to do with all the diseases ILLEGALS are bringing in including COVID to FL.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 01:35:56 am »
Has absolutely nothing to do with all the diseases ILLEGALS are bringing in including COVID to FL.  *****rollingeyes*****
You do know that fleas transmit the plague and other diseases, right?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 02:38:18 am »
And how many were infected illegals deliberately shipped there to create the numbers?

A probability I hadn't thought of.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 02:42:24 am »
Thats the plan. And the beauty of it is when the smoking gun is discovered no one will be held accountable.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2021, 01:03:25 pm »
Are these cases merely an asymptomatic positive PCR test, or a hospitalization?  It's only a problem if it's primarily the latter.  If it's primarily the former, then that is in fact a good thing, to be celebrated and encouraged.

Offline thackney

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 03:09:51 pm »
Another factor to consider is the vaccination rates among the Florida snowbirds was very high due to typical ages of that group.  They have left and gone home for hot summer.  (My parents are those)  Is the overall vaccination rate in Florida actually much lower than reported because of this group?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 03:40:27 pm »
Another factor to consider is the vaccination rates among the Florida snowbirds was very high due to typical ages of that group.  They have left and gone home for hot summer.  (My parents are those)  Is the overall vaccination rate in Florida actually much lower than reported because of this group?

That's an interesting supposition.

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 03:46:18 pm »
That's an interesting supposition.

In their park of a couple hundred units there was nearly 100% vaccination rate.  Maybe 6 of those live there year round.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 03:48:19 pm »
In their park of a couple hundred units there was nearly 100% vaccination rate.  Maybe 6 of those live there year round.

I think you're on to something.  However, I doubt if the data will be available to be able to sort out vaccinated snowbirds from the vaccinated permanent population.  Maybe it might be possible to build some assumptions and then apply a proxy percentage to come up with a reasonable figure.

Offline thackney

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2021, 03:52:28 pm »
I think you're on to something.  However, I doubt if the data will be available to be able to sort out vaccinated snowbirds from the vaccinated permanent population. 

I agree.

Maybe it might be possible to build some assumptions and then apply a proxy percentage to come up with a reasonable figure.

Good luck, I do not know where to start, and you know the break down of "ass-u-me".

Online rustynail

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2021, 04:31:26 pm »
Operation "Get DeSantis" is underway!

Online rustynail

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2021, 04:34:47 pm »
Is it possible the Fed Gov could temporarily take over the state to stop this Killer Covid Surge?

Offline art.prout

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2021, 04:43:36 pm »
Is it possible the Fed Gov could temporarily take over the state to stop this Killer Covid Surge?

That will require a Federal Judge to make a RULING!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2021, 04:45:36 pm »
How are deaths going?  Are they at all tracking the "surge" in cases - which appears to just be a proxy for "positive PCR test, regardless of symptomology" - or are they remaining relatively flat, the same way that the recent UK "surge" was in positive tests, but not in deaths.

Offline thackney

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2021, 06:02:11 pm »
How are deaths going?  Are they at all tracking the "surge" in cases - which appears to just be a proxy for "positive PCR test, regardless of symptomology" - or are they remaining relatively flat, the same way that the recent UK "surge" was in positive tests, but not in deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us#graph-cases-daily

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us#graph-deaths-daily