Author Topic: BREAKING: House Democrats Make History by Striking the Hyde Amendment  (Read 330 times)

Offline bilo

Republicans opposed the bill because Democrats had removed two essential abortion-related provisions: the Hyde Amendment and the Weldon Amendment, which prohibits agencies receiving federal funding from discriminating against entities because they refuse to provide or pay for abortions.

“We have countless policy differences that will take time to resolve, and protecting the lives of unborn children must be the first step,” Rep. Kay Granger (R-Texas), the top Republican on the House Appropriations Committee, told The Hill.

Some Democrats, meanwhile, argued that the Hyde Amendment is racist. “These provisions have long had a terrible and disproportionate impact on low-income women and women of color,” Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), a senior member of the House Appropriations Committee, argued. “Getting them off the books will be a huge step forward for reproductive and racial justice."

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/07/29/breaking-house-passes-bill-to-force-taxpayers-to-fund-abortion-n1465634

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Don't tell me that Rats aren't evil.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

The Hyde Amendment was in name only.  Democrats have been providing federal funding for abortion for over 30 years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Some Democrats, meanwhile, argued that the Hyde Amendment is racist. “These provisions have long had a terrible and disproportionate impact on low-income women and women of color,” Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), a senior member of the House Appropriations Committee, argued. “Getting them off the books will be a huge step forward for reproductive and racial justice."

Are they claiming black women are more promiscious than other women?

Sure sounds like it,doesn't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Killer Clouds

Are they claiming black women are more promiscious than other women?

Sure sounds like it,doesn't it?
Of course they are. Just watch a couple episodes of Maury.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course they are. Just watch a couple episodes of Maury.

@Killer Clouds

Gonna have to take a pass on that one.  My tolerance level for mass stupidity just won't allow it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mortarman

Let's see. Who'd thunk that the New Nazi Party would promote an organization that was founded by a woman who spoke to the KKK an' who's writings influenced such pieces of literature as Mien Kampf an' Aktion Tiergartenstrasse 4 as well as the Wannsee Conference.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.