Author Topic: 17 Republican Senators Line Up to Get Screwed on Infrastructure Deal  (Read 594 times)

Offline corbe

17 Republican Senators Line Up to Get Screwed on Infrastructure Deal

By Bonchie | Jul 28, 2021 9:30 PM ET

For the last month or so I’ve written several articles chronicling the ridiculous path chosen by a group of Republicans to negotiate a bipartisan infrastructure deal. Throughout that time we’ve seen Joe Biden blow the deal up multiple times, Nancy Pelosi promise to not pass it, and Senate Democrats announce they are going to get everything they originally negotiated away via a reconciliation package (see “Republicans Have Another Chance to Not Be the Stupid Party, but Will They Take It?“)

Now, I’m no political genius, but when someone “makes a deal” with you and then pointedly tells you that they are going to double-cross you, that’s a good sign to probably walk away. Republicans have had several opportunities to do just that.

Have they done so? No, of course not. Instead, 17 Republicans lined up tonight to get screwed, announcing and then voting to advance an infrastructure deal made with Joe Biden.

Disclose.tv 🚨
@disclosetv
67-32 vote. 17 Republican Senators voting YES: Blunt, Burr, Capito, Cassidy, Collins, Cramer, Crapo, Graham, Grassley, Hoeven, McConnell, Murkowski, Portman, Risch, Romney, Tillis, Young
6:27 PM · Jul 28, 2021

This doesn’t even make sense. Not only is there no actual bill on paper yet, meaning these Republicans don’t even really know what they are voting to advance aside from some promises floating in the air, but it’s been only a few days since Democrats publicly proclaimed that they weren’t going to pass the deal without getting their $3.5 trillion reconciliation boondoggle.

<..snip..>

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/07/28/17-republican-senators-line-up-to-get-screwed-on-infrastructure-deal-n418061
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

Re: 17 Republican Senators Line Up to Get Screwed on Infrastructure Deal
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 02:54:44 pm »
No grease either.  Idiots.

There's a reason why they call Republicans 'The Stupid Party'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 03:00:47 pm »
   Does anyone remember 'Infrastructure Mondays'?  Another example that there isn't a dime's worth of difference between these two corrupt parties.

Trump’s infrastructure bill: a strategic driver for development

President Trump’s announcement did not take his closest associates or political observers by surprise. The U.S. President’s view that infrastructure is a strategic driver for the country’s development is well known. The first time Donald Trump launched an infrastructure investment plan was during the 2016 election campaign, when he publicly stated that the U.S. would need a $1 trillion to get its ageing infrastructure back up to date.

The infrastructure plan was then relaunched several times by the Oval Office, most recently during the State of the Nation 2020 Address in February, and has garnered bipartisan support from Democrats and Republicans in recent months. With the outbreak of the coronavirus crisis and the lockdown that has shuttered so many businesses, President Trump seized the opportunity to double the amount of his infrastructure plan from $1 trillion to $2 trillion.

And his move came at a time when Congress and the Senate are debating what to do in “Phase 4” of the Covid-19 fight.

<..snip..>

https://www.webuildvalue.com/en/global-economy-sustainability/trump-infrastructure-bill-2-trillion-investments.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 03:10:38 pm »
Just no amnesty please.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 04:54:34 pm »
Just no amnesty please.

I'm not certain I understand the Senate process, but didn't the Pubs just end any possibility of filibustering this unwritten bill?

If I'm right, the Rats can stick anything they want into this bill and then pass it with 51 votes. All the Pubs have to stop them from doing this is the Rats "word" they won't.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 04:56:44 pm »
I'm not certain I understand the Senate process, but didn't the Pubs just end any possibility of filibustering this unwritten bill?

If I'm right, the Rats can stick anything they want into this bill and then pass it with 51 votes. All the Pubs have to stop them from doing this is the Rats "word" they won't.
Say it ain't so.

If true it'll be the final betrayal & McConnell can burn in Hades.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 05:39:38 pm »

Once again, the Republicans are handed a winning campaign issue, and then toss it into the trash.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 07:30:44 pm »
Once again, the Republicans are handed a winning campaign issue, and then toss it into the trash.

I've met my share of "smart" people who are dumb as rocks in my life.

The Rino Pubs are probably going to be among the first to say how "shocked" they are that all the things the Rats couldn't pass in their reconciliation bill got slipped into this one. If the Rats do this it's just one more step towards the inevitable separation of the country.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 12:18:51 am »
The failure of the Republicans under McConnell's feckless leadership knows no bounds.

What McConnell is doing is to ensure a victory for the Democommies come November, 2022.  Republicans just will not turn out to vote.

Maybe Trump should start a new political party, committed to running a candidate in EVERY district and state for House and Senate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 12:33:53 am »
I suspect the reason most are doing this is so the Dims can't scream about how the Republicans aren't interested in fixing our infastructure.

What they are accomplishing is taking that away from the Dims.

Smart move and as long as they don't vote for what the Dims are pushing,they are golden.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dancer

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 09:23:14 am »
There is no R vs D.  It's now Patriots vs NWO Globalism.  Once the public understands that, everything falls into place.   :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 05:23:37 pm »
There is no R vs D.  It's now Patriots vs NWO Globalism.  Once the public understands that, everything falls into place.   :shrug:

@dancer

Yup,but HOW do we get Steve and Susis Sixpack to understand it? Typically,they only pay attention to politics maybe 30 days every 4 years.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 05:32:36 pm »
It's a trap to get to Reconciliation where the Coo-Coo Caucus will steamroll working Americans.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.