Author Topic: America had its first show trial on Tuesday and it was loathsome  (Read 53 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 28, 2021
America had its first show trial on Tuesday and it was loathsome
By Andrea Widburg

Perhaps it’s because I grew up surrounded by extraordinarily tough people, but I found myself singularly unmoved by the spectacle in the House on Tuesday, which reminded me of a bad mash-up of Dr. Phil, Oprah, and BLM-produced soap opera, rather than a legitimate inquiry into an event that Democrats have seized upon to consolidate their power by destroying their opposition. As sobbing congressmen and Capitol Police officers took turns talking about their psychic injuries, I was alternately embarrassed for them if they were really that weak, and frightened of them if they were that sociopathic as a pathway to power.

A little about my background: My Dad escaped Nazi Germany; helped found a kibbutz; fought at Crete and El Alamein; and then fought again in the Israeli War of Independence. Tough man. My mom spent four years in a Japanese concentration camp and served in the Israeli War of Independence. Her best friend was a Polish refugee whose family escaped one step ahead of the Nazis. The friend’s husband, an American, spent three days trapped in a foxhole at the Battle of the Bulge under fire. All my parents’ friends were like this: Depression survivors, warriors, refugees, camp survivors. They were tough people.

So again, because I know toughness, having been raised in its shadow, perhaps I’m unduly harsh when I speak about the men breaking down at the hearing. But I don’t think so.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/america_had_its_first_show_trial_on_tuesday_and_it_was_loathsome.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34