Author Topic: Thousands Of Ships, Millions Of Troops: China Is Assembling a Huge Fleet For War With Taiwan  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@skeeter

NOT true. They are doing this right out in the open for everybody to see,but nobody seems to care.

EVERYBODY knows that Mitch,the Bitch,manly hunk that he is who could be a supermodel if he wanted,is married to a MUCH younger beautiful Chinese woman.

Just like everybody knows that Nancy Pelosi's  husband represents China in the US,and is the one that brokered the deal that allowed them to buy the old Long Beach Naval Base in Ca so they would have a place to ship their Chinese crap without having to pay storage fees.

It now looks like the Chinese have also bought DHL shipping,because they are offering free air shipping to China via DHL.

WHY isn't Congress up in arms about these unfair trade practices,and putting HUGE tariffs on Chinese imports?

We all know the answer to that one,don't we?
It isn't that no one cares, it is that those with the power to do anything about it are corrupt, and in on the scam. The rest of us will pay for that, quite possibly in blood during a conflict that becomes more inevitable if there is to be any freedom on this Earth..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It isn't that no one cares, it is that those with the power to do anything about it are corrupt, and in on the scam. The rest of us will pay for that, quite possibly in blood during a conflict that becomes more inevitable if there is to be any freedom on this Earth..

@Smokin Joe 

I ain't happy about it,but there it is,the inevitable.

I just don't see any other possibility.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
@skeeter
Somebody PLEASE splain to this simple fool WTF Congress isn't hitting China with MASSIVE tarrifs in order to level the field and keep Americans working,and WHY this (selling out to China) isn't treason.

BTW,while you are at it,PLEASE splain why the freaking US Unions aren't screaming bloody murder!

Although I suspect that even this poor old fool knows the answer,and it is "Mitch the Bitch" with his Chinese wife,
and Nancy Pelosi,whose husband represents,or used to represent China in the US.

Along with accomplices in the RNC,the DNC,and the labor unions,of course.

It's not Nancy Pelosi, it's Kamala Harris
whose husband is a lawyer who was employed by China

until the Dems "won" the election.
In true Stalin fashion.
"The people who vote do not decide anything.
The people who count the votes decide everything."

Nancy Pelosi's husband is the real estate developer
who makes millions from buying real estate
right next to where the federal government
is going to build major projects in the future.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
   Quote from: skeeter on July 29, 2021, 06:01:42 PM

Greece was nothing before around 400 BC,
the suggestion that Italy would be the next big thing provoked laughter in 150 BC,
Britain was populated by a bunch of yokel farmers before 1600.
And we don't need to revisit what the Brits were saying about Americans before the latter half of the 1800s.
The claim China isn't a future military threat because they haven't amounted to anything in the past is historically ignorant.

/Quote

---------------------
Hmm.....................

* Athens became the ascendant Greek City/State around 430 BC as a result of the 2nd Peloponnesian
War, as well as the dominant force on all lands adjacent to itself in the Aegean Sea.

* Rome crushed Hannibal's Carthaginian Forces at Zama in 202 BC, gaining control of Mediterranean
Trade from Hispania to Palestine.

* In 1588 England annihilated the Armada of Spain who were on their way to invade them, thereby establishing
world Naval superiority allowing them to create the greatest Empire in the history of the world within 300 years.

So you admit that skeeter's main point is correct:
Second rate powers DO rise to world dominance!
His only error was that his dates are a little off.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

In true Stalin fashion.

@unite for individuality

I read years ago that he is the one that brokered the sale of the old Long Beach Naval Yard to the Chinese.

Who knows what other deals he is working for them?

BTW,here are some publicly known FACTS for you.

The BATF has an investigation going on for a couple of years that led them to develop evidence that the Chinese Governemnt through the arms company Norinco,which is wholy owned by the Chinese government,was not only bringing in semi-auto AK's and the excellent Chinese copy of the old Colt 1911A1 to sell in America,but were also smuggling in full-auto AK-47's to sell to gangbangers and street gangs.

So,as they were required to do by law since it involved a foreign nation,they reported their findings and their plan to raid the NORINCO warehouses at Long Beach the very next morning. Nancy Pelosi was chairing that committee,and the briefing the BATF gave them happened late in the afternoon,East Coast Time.

A hour or so after the briefing,the Norinco officials in Ca started transferring their money out of the country,and leaving the country themselves.

When the BATF hit Norinco the following morning,they found not one living soul there,or at their homes.  IIRC,one or two were still in Canada awaiting their flights,but ALL were out of reach.

Ifn ah didin no betta,ah mite spect sumbodie dropped a dime to Norinco the afternoon before.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 02:57:10 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Smokin Joe

In true Stalin fashion.

Seems to me Dianne Feinstein's Hubby was heavily invested in Chinese companies while his wife's actions affected the profitability of those investments directly,  she had the Chinese spy for a Driver, and hubby owned a chunk of Dominion, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Absalom...
Smokin, indeed.
Korea is a testament to China's military ineptitude
where they had one Rifle for every 3 Infantrymen.
As a result, they led all combatants in casualties.

During WW2, Japan engaged Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Russia, China;
among many nation/states. The first 4 held their own or better, while Japan kicked
China's ass for 8 years, just as they did during the previous 100 years.
So which is a better predictor of the future;
past performance or fevered imagining of what might happen????

Seriously, I think China has advanced since the days of the Korean War.  And like the USSR/Stalin during WWII, do you honestly think the commies give a rat's *ss to the number of casualties?  Really?  The USSR/Stalin also had men go into battle with no weapons, and when the man ahead of them was shot dead, they were expected to pick up that man's weapon and fight on against the Germans.  The USSR played a key role in defeating the Germans.  The Chinese have far more bodies they can feed to the meat grinder.

And get real, Japan did not fight the Russians in WWII.  Russia only declared war on Japan in the last weeks of the Pacific Theater, for they wanted to get in on the taking.  And take they did.  They captured all of Japan's research on nuclear bombs in the Korean peninsula where the Japanese successfully tested a nuclear device.

Fevered imagining?  Seriously?  A totalitarian regime with military prowess that answers to no one but a small committee is fully capable of doing anything.  Xi may not have a desire to conquer the world, but the totalitarian that follows him may well have designs to conquer the world.  Nothing is static with a would be enemy.

However, I do know this.  If we identify a nation as an enemy state, I think it is folly to educate their people.  Students from China would be reduced to 10% of current levels.  And trade should be taken down to no more than 25%.  Otherwise, they will own the world without firing a bullet, and then the totalitarian life comes to your doorstep.  And with the CCP stooge Biden, anything is possible.  I can see Chinese troops brought into the USA to police this nation.  Talk about shoot on sight when someone is looting!  It can happen with a weak sister like Biden.

China may not have initiated trouble YET, but they have the example of Putin's Russia and the fact the USA sat back and did nothing.  Frankly, I do not think we should have.  I think if Russia gobbles up Ukraine, then so be it.  They were given the chance to join NATO, and they thumbed their nose at the idea.  We owe Ukraine NOTHING!  And with Biden as POTUS, I see China taking Taiwan if it wants, again with no response from Biden.  He will give China his support before the mission is launched.  What choice does he have, they own his whole family.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:41:46 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline Smokin Joe

Seriously, I think China has advanced since the days of the Korean War.  And like the USSR/Stalin during WWII, do you honestly think the commies give a rat's *ss to the number of casualties?  Really?  The USSR/Stalin also had men go into battle with no weapons, and when the man ahead of them was shot dead, they were expected to pick up that man's weapon and fight on against the Germans.  The USSR played a key role in defeating the Germans.  The Chinese have far more bodies they can feed to the meat grinder.

And get real, Japan did not fight the Russians in WWII.  Russia only declared war on Japan in the last weeks of the Pacific Theater, for they wanted to get in on the taking.  And take they did.  They captured all of Japan's research on nuclear bombs in the Korean peninsula where the Japanese successfully tested a nuclear device.

Fevered imagining?  Seriously?  A totalitarian regime with military prowess that answers to no one but a small committee is fully capable of doing anything.  Xi may not have a desire to conquer the world, but the totalitarian that follows him may well have designs to conquer the world.  Nothing is static with a would be enemy.

However, I do know this.  If we identify a nation as an enemy state, I think it is folly to educate their people.  Students from China would be reduced to 10% of current levels.  And trade should be taken down to no more than 25%.  Otherwise, they will own the world without firing a bullet, and then the totalitarian life comes to your doorstep.  And with the CCP stooge Biden, anything is possible.  I can see Chinese troops brought into the USA to police this nation.  Talk about shoot on sight when someone is looting!  It can happen with a weak sister like Biden.

China may not have initiated trouble YET, but they have the example of Putin's Russia and the fact the USA sat back and did nothing.  Frankly, I do not think we should have.  I think if Russia gobbles up Ukraine, then so be it.  They were given the chance to join NATO, and they thumbed their nose at the idea.  We owe Ukraine NOTHING!  And with Biden as POTUS, I see China taking Taiwan if it wants, again with no response from Biden.  He will give China his support before the mission is launched.  What choice does he have, they own his whole family.
Japan's fight with Russia happened in the Russo-Japanese war in 1904-1905, and it did not go well for the Russians.

While those who say Korea was an example of Chinese ineptitude, The Chinese pushed US ("UN") forces back from the Yalu to the 38th parallel, and despite any inefficiencies in the expenditure of manpower and materiel, were a formidable enemy, if nothing else, by their command's willingness to suffer casualties for gains on the battlefield.
Quantity has a quality all its own. The Chinese have the quantity, the manufacturing base to arm it, and the type of government that can wield it, however inefficiently. They also have access to our technology and manufacturing techniques unhindered by the various environmental concerns, imposed social mores, and other behavioural quirks which have become commonplace in Western society which would hinder the use of our resources in a war effort while the Chinese would not find those to be a problem (because all that would not be allowed to get in the way of the war effort). Complaints here are rewarded with "settlements", there would get rewarded with 147 grains of 7.62, or have a similar outcome. Failure to recognize those changes and differences is folly. Underestimate an enemy, and they will bury you.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

The Last Days - China, Russia, Syria, millions, attack Israel.

Online mountaineer

Exactly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Offline Absalom

So you admit that skeeter's main point is correct:
Second rate powers DO rise to world dominance!
His only error was that his dates are a little off.
---------------------
What in tarnation are you yapping about???
Past is prologue as History affirms.
Great nation/states create themselves thru will and wisdom, having nothing to do w/accident or chance.
China has never been anything but a looser, because of its autocratic rule which extinguished any spark
of creativity for thousands of years. As a result, they developed cheating, lying and stealing into an art form.
The power on the Pacific Rim has been and remains Japan. GOT IT YET!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
[quote authosmor=Smokin Joe link=topic=443746.msg2470527#msg2470527 date=1628192325]

Japan's fight with Russia happened in the Russo-Japanese war in 1904-1905, and it did not go well for the Russians.

@Smokin Joe

ONLY because Adam Schiff's grandfather lent the Japanese government enough money to build a new fleet of warships.

Seriously. This was a man who had to flee Russia to avoid arrest and execution,and leave all his real property behind. He and his family escaped with the gold and jewels they could put their hands on,and STILL had enough money to live like royalty in the west while lending enough money to a sovereign nation to build a modren navy.

I can't even begin to imagine how much actual wealth the Schiff family has today,deposited in banks all around the world.

While those who say Korea was an example of Chinese ineptitude, The Chinese pushed US ("UN") forces back from the Yalu to the 38th parallel, and despite any inefficiencies in the expenditure of manpower and materiel, were a formidable enemy, if nothing else, by their command's willingness to suffer casualties for gains on the battlefield.

Well,to be fair,the US Army was nothing more than an unprepared and underequipped shell of an Army when the Chinese crossed the Yalu in numbers higher than the number of rifle rounds the US Army had available. And the South Korean army was in even worse shape.

Quantity has a quality all its own. The Chinese have the quantity, the manufacturing base to arm it, and the type of government that can wield it, however inefficiently. They also have access to our technology and manufacturing techniques unhindered by the various environmental concerns, imposed social mores, and other behavioural quirks which have become commonplace in Western society which would hinder the use of our resources in a war effort while the Chinese would not find those to be a problem (because all that would not be allowed to get in the way of the war effort). Complaints here are rewarded with "settlements", there would get rewarded with 147 grains of 7.62, or have a similar outcome. Failure to recognize those changes and differences is folly. Underestimate an enemy, and they will bury you.

All true.

They also would be facing off with an America with Slow Joe in the WH.

We should just go ahead and surrender now and be done with it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Victoria33

Isreal doesn't even amount to a pimple on the world's ass. Yeah,they can hold off the Palestinians,but even then they need help.

Offline libertybele

Yes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

ONLY because Adam Schiff's grandfather lent the Japanese government enough money to build a new fleet of warships.

Seriously. This was a man who had to flee Russia to avoid arrest and execution,and leave all his real property behind. He and his family escaped with the gold and jewels they could put their hands on,and STILL had enough money to live like royalty in the west while lending enough money to a sovereign nation to build a modren navy.

I can't even begin to imagine how much actual wealth the Schiff family has today,deposited in banks all around the world.
Enlightening, and I had no idea the Shiff family was so well heeled.
Well,to be fair,the US Army was nothing more than an unprepared and underequipped shell of an Army when the Chinese crossed the Yalu in numbers higher than the number of rifle rounds the US Army had available. And the South Korean army was in even worse shape.
All true.

To be really fair, the Army had been downsized after WWII, and in the original invasion of the South, the Chinese were few and far between in the ranks of the North Koreans. Yep, the Army wasn't ready for that one, (either the ROK or US) and got hammered back into the Pusan pocket where, miraculously, they held, keeping the port open and the North Koreans tied up. McArthur's invasion at Inchon, which was by no means guaranteed success, (tides left the coast unapproachable mud flats for over 12 hours a day, the sort of substrate neither vehicles nor infantry can cross. I have crossed only about 100 feet of such, and it took most of an hour, without any battle rattle) was the turning point there. Ships would have been aground and at the mercy of anything that could reach them from land, so they had to withdraw with the tides.
The Inchon invasion cut the supply lines for the North Koreans in the south around the Pusan Perimeter, and gave the Army the chance to fight its way north, which they did, pushing the North Korean Army back to the Yalu River (the Chinese Border). Lemay and others had noticed the buildup of troops, India had warned of the Chinese willingness to enter the war, and they did, initially committing 250,000 troops to the effort, and eventually some 3 million troops to push American Forces back to the area of the current DMZ. LeMay wanted to nuke the Chinese, Truman said NO.

But initially, there were few Chinese (perhaps as advisors) in the North Korean Ranks.

They also would be facing off with an America with Slow Joe in the WH.

We should just go ahead and surrender now and be done with it.

Surrender Hell, they would be facing off against the American People at some point. A hoodrat on every corner, a rifle behind every blade of grass.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:16:30 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Surrender Hell, they would be facing off against the American People at some point. A hoodrat on every corner, a rifle behind every blade of grass.

@Smokin Joe

Hoodrats facing off against trained soldiers with rifles?

ROFLMAO!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Hoodrats facing off against trained soldiers with rifles?

ROFLMAO!
They know the terrain, they are organized in small units, their tactics may suck, but they'd learn fast or die.
They have a shabby version of MOUT but would have to learn fast.They know the resources in their area, the rabbit holes and hiding spots, they don't mind killing (something Mr. and Mrs Whitebread would have to get over), and they already have trade networks set up under the radar.
They'd learn to shoot, fast.
If they worked together, they'd be more formidable than the gang vs gang crap we see now.

They are waaay ahead of the 'burbs.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They know the terrain, they are organized in small units, their tactics may suck, but they'd learn fast or die.
They have a shabby version of MOUT but would have to learn fast.They know the resources in their area, the rabbit holes and hiding spots, they don't mind killing (something Mr. and Mrs Whitebread would have to get over), and they already have trade networks set up under the radar.
They'd learn to shoot, fast.
If they worked together, they'd be more formidable than the gang vs gang crap we see now.

They are waaay ahead of the 'burbs.

@Smokin Joe

I have to disagree on that one.

Offline Absalom

Quote from: jafo2010 link=topic=443746.msg2470500#msg2470500 date=162818872
....................The USSR played a key role in defeating the Germans......................... 
[/quote
Hmm.............the size argument again, this time in disguise; so a reflection.
If size is a determinant of power, then obviously we need to keep our eye on the likes of Algeria, Brazil, Greenland, Sudan
and perhaps Antarctica as well. Anyway a serious review of history.
In 1870, Germany emerged as the ranking Continental power following unification and defeat of France in the Franco-Prussian War.
Their success was the result of the leadership of Kaiser Wilhelm I, Otto Von Bismarck and Gerd Von Moltke.
Decades passed and w/it their leadership, as 1914 dawned, w/the most fateful change being the replacement of Wilhelm I by his grand-son Wilhelm II, who was infinitely inferior in intelligence and more importantly, temperament.
A core precept of Prussian strategy had always been avoid an east/west two front War, as Germany was at the center of Europe.
As such, Von Bismarck had secured an Alliance w/Russia, in the 19th century, who had a shared border w/Germany which
Wilhelm II let lapse while dismissing Von Bismarck as Chancellor; a catastrophically rash error of judgment.
Then the French immediately stepped in replacing Germany as Russia's ally, guaranteeing the German defeat in both World Wars.
The key role Russia played was acting as the major punching bag for casualties in both Wars and little else.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 10:52:26 pm by Absalom »

Offline Smokin Joe

[quote author=jafo2010 link=topic=443746.msg2470500#msg2470500 date=162818872
....................The USSR played a key role in defeating the Germans......................... 

Hmm.............the size argument again, this time in disguise; so a reflection.
If size is a determinant of power, then obviously we need to keep our eye on the likes of Algeria, Brazil, Greenland, Sudan
and perhaps Antarctica as well. Anyway a serious review of history.
In 1870, Germany emerged as the ranking Continental power following unification and defeat of France in the Franco-Prussian War.
Their success was the result of the leadership of Kaiser Wilhelm I, Otto Von Bismarck and Gerd Von Moltke.
Decades passed and w/it their leadership, as 1914 dawned, w/the most fateful change being the replacement of Wilhelm I by his grand-son Wilhelm II, who was infinitely inferior in intelligence and temperament.
A cardinal precept of Prussian strategy had always been to avoid east/west War, as Germany was at the center of Europe.
As such, Von Bismarck had secured a Treaty w/Russia in the 19th century, who had a shared border w/Germany, which Wilhelm II let lapse while dismissing Von Bismarck as Chancellor; a catastrophically rash error of judgment.
Then the French immediately stepped in replacing Germany, guaranteeing the latter's defeat in both World Wars.
The key role Russia played was acting as the major punching bag for casualties in both Wars and little else.
Had Russia not been a threat under Czar Nicholas, Kaiser Wilhelm would not have bothered to send Lenin financial help to return to Russia from Switzerland and stir up trouble. Wilhelm's goal was to undermine the Russian government to get them to quit the war (WWI) and deal with troubles at home. It was a wild success. Russia effectively withdrew form the war. Some writers contend that a great deal of the financing for the Bolshevik Revolution came from Wall Street bankers https://books.google.com.au/books?id=WZjg_vo7Q8MC&dq=Wall%20Street%20and%20the%20Bolshevik%20Revolution&source=gbs_book_other_versions

A good deal of the rest of the 20th century and beyond has been heavily affected by Lenin's success at disrupting the Russian Monarchy and ushering in Communism--in fact, had Lenin not been so successful at overthrowing the Czar, we might not be facing the Maoist Chinese, or the current regime in DC, and Marx's ideology might have been a footnote, rather than the unfortunate driving force it is today.

C S Lewis

Offline AARguy

The retreat from Afghanistan is just a rough rehearsal for Biden. The retreat across the Pacific after the Fall of Taiwan will be the dress rehearsal. The retreat from the west coast will be the opening night, followed by matinee's as the retreat from the Middle East and Europe finds it way to the east coast.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The retreat from Afghanistan is just a rough rehearsal for Biden. The retreat across the Pacific after the Fall of Taiwan will be the dress rehearsal. The retreat from the west coast will be the opening night, followed by matinee's as the retreat from the Middle East and Europe finds it way to the east coast.

@AARguy

I REALLY  wish I could disagree with ANY of that,but I can't.

Offline bilo

The collapse across the globe is certainly a possibility, but it won't be militarily. It will be through their belt and road initiative. Why attack us or anyone else when they can destroy us from within through our schools, media, politics and financially.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Absalom

The collapse across the globe is certainly a possibility, but it won't be militarily. It will be through their belt and road initiative. Why attack us or anyone else when they can destroy us from within through our schools, media, politics and financially.
--------------------------------
During the 125 years from our Constitution to our entry into the Great War, we evolved into
the greatest economic power in the world while our focus remained domestic and insular.
Then 1917 dawned, internationalizing us, yet certainly not for the better.
If we choose, we can certainly remain the greatest economic power in the world, while
looking inward and dispensing w/our international neuroses.
Suggest it's long overdue that we refocus and start minding our own God Damn business.