Author Topic: China demands US allow its Communist propaganda on campuses and in media – here’s what else  (Read 811 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Ryan Morgan   July 26, 2021

China demands US allow its Communist propaganda on campuses and in media – here’s what else

During a Monday meeting between Chinese diplomats and U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman, the Chinese side gave the U.S. a list of “wrongdoings” by the U.S. against China, which they demanded the U.S. put a stop to. The “wrongdoings” included requirements for Chinese government-linked Confucius Institutes and Chinese media outlets to register as foreign agents of the Chinese government.

On Monday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said the Chinese side had called on the U.S. to discontinue those “wrongdoings” and cases involving Chinese individuals and entities “as soon as possible.”

“In the list of wrongdoings, China urges the U.S. side to unconditionally revoke visa restrictions on members of the Communist Party of China and their family members, stop suppressing Chinese companies, stop harassing Chinese students overseas, stop attacking the Confucius Institute, remove the registration of Chinese media as foreign agents or foreign missions, and drop the extradition of Meng Wanzhou and so on,” Zhao said.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/07/china-demands-us-allow-its-communist-propaganda-on-campuses-and-in-media-heres-what-else/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gee whiz, they sound like Democrats.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Has Oba ..... I mean Biden apologized yet?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What the F' are the chicoms talking about, their propaganda is now being taught in grade schools and has been taught in colleges and universities for decades. And as for the media? What, ABC, NBC,CBS, CNN, MSNBC, ESPN, PBS, etc., etc. have also been pushing their propaganda for decades.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Heck, the Dems went commie years ago.  I guess they want the word communist inserted in the party name.  Now, who owns the USA?  With the CCP governor of the USA Biden in office, is it a mystery for anyone?

And the morons in Washington are yammering over The Great Insurrection, the greatest attack since the Civil War, don't ya know.

Ah, to have an honest media again, and politicians that represent USA citizens in Washington.  What will that take exactly?  Ahhh, there I go, fantasizing again, silly me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Heck, the Dems went commie years ago.  I guess they want the word communist inserted in the party name.  Now, who owns the USA?  With the CCP governor of the USA Biden in office, is it a mystery for anyone?

And the morons in Washington are yammering over The Great Insurrection, the greatest attack since the Civil War, don't ya know.

Ah, to have an honest media again, and politicians that represent USA citizens in Washington.  What will that take exactly?  Ahhh, there I go, fantasizing again, silly me.
There is some, but you won't find it on the interstates just the backroads, and often on sites people for whatever reason decided they don't like.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
In recent decades, North Korea has been China's pit bull.
China had North Korea do China's dirty work for them,
like supplying terrorists, spewing hateful propaganda, etc.

North Korea's job was to do to the world what China wanted done,
while China pretended to be nice,
as it plundered all our industries.

Now that China has become the world's industrial giant,
they are starting to do in their own name
the things they used to have North Korea do for them.

China is dropping their mask.
They are letting themselves be seen as what they've always been -
a brutal dictatorship, intent on becoming the GLOBAL dictator!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

For some background, here's a 2019 article on Chinese institutes on campuses here. Note these are not restricted to universities but penetrate US high schools as well.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/27/china-college-confucius-institutes-1221768

How many Chinese students are on US campuses?  Here's a display I found in 2018

https://qz.com/1410768/the-number-of-chinese-students-in-the-us-charted-and-mapped/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline The_Reader_David

I think we should counter-propose the establishment of "Jefferson Institutes" at Chinese institutions of higher education, to teach Chinese students about American culture.  If the proposal is refused, all Confucius Institutes should be closed and any non-US citizen staff at them expelled.  If it is accepted, the Confucius Institutes should be allowed to continue functioning with exactly as much freedom of action as the Jefferson Institutes in China are allowed.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.