State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Arkansas Senate Candidate Claimed He Joined Army In 2015, Actually Joined In 2017

<< < (2/3) > >>

libertybele:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on July 26, 2021, 10:49:29 pm ---I don't get it. Why is this a big deal?

Chances are it was a typo on the fact sheet presented by one of his aides,

--- End quote ---

Agreed. I don't see this as a big deal at all.

Hoodat:
It is possible he signed up for enrollment in 2015, but they didn't find a spot for him until 2017.  My older son is currently waiting for a position to open up in the Air Force.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: SZonian on July 26, 2021, 10:52:26 pm ---9 Aug 1983...1 Nov 2003

Even after all these years, I know what my service dates are.

And as recent as this was, I don't buy any excuse about forgetting, especially given the disparity in years.

But I suppose in this new era of common core, an odd number is the same as any other odd number.  Amirite?

--- End quote ---

@SZonian

How do you know it wasn't one of his aides that filed the info,and had a typo?

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: SZonian on July 26, 2021, 10:54:25 pm ---Maybe, but why edit to match?  Just come clean and admit the error.  FTA:"In an apparent effort to hide the apparent lie about his military service...the Bequette campaign edited the information on Bequette’s website to read consistent with the claims Bequette made..."

--- End quote ---

@SZonian

Ok,so he corrected the error,and now people are pissed BECAUSE he corrected the error?

WTF is the big freaking deal? Did he claim to have prevented a nuclear war while serving in 2017?

People make typos. Get over it.

BTW,I guess now is the time for me to come out of the poser closet and admit I didn't really serve 7 years in the US Army. I only served 6 years,10 months,and 7 days.

I guess you want to drag me around behind a car now?

SZonian:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on July 27, 2021, 02:02:56 am ---@SZonian

Ok,so he corrected the error,and now people are pissed BECAUSE he corrected the error?

WTF is the big freaking deal? Did he claim to have prevented a nuclear war while serving in 2017?

People make typos. Get over it.

BTW,I guess now is the time for me to come out of the poser closet and admit I didn't really serve 7 years in the US Army. I only served 6 years,10 months,and 7 days.

I guess you want to drag me around behind a car now?

--- End quote ---
:whistle: Your "service" doesn't qualify you to act like an ahole...piss off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version