Author Topic: Jonathan Turley: Arrest of FBI Agent Key to Whitmer Kidnapping Plot Could Undermine Biden Justice De  (Read 172 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Could The Arrest of FBI Agent Undermine The Whitmer Kidnapping Case?
Jonathan Turley

July 24, 2021   

The arrest of an FBI agent would always be newsworthy. Richard Trask of Kalamazoo has gone from making cases to being a case for prosecution. He  faces up to ten years for allegedly assaulting his wife with intent to do great bodily harm. However, Trask was also key to the arrest of men in the alleged plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. Those defendants — and some observers — have criticized the FBI for entrapping the men by pushing them into the conspiracy and facilitating their efforts.  The question is whether Trask’s arrest could undermine those cases.  The answer is yes.

There are legitimate concerns over the role of the FBI in the planning and preparation for this alleged conspiracy. As a criminal defense attorney, I have long been a critic of the degree to which the FBI often pushes defendants to take actions to trigger criminal charges. However, it is very difficult to make a case for entrapment and the agents know that.

In the Michigan case, six men are charged with a conspiracy that involved kidnapping Whitmer but news outlets like BuzzFeed News have raised serious concerns over how much of the conspiracy was directed and facilitated by the FBI. At every critical juncture, agents like Trask appear to push the effort along, even overcoming reluctance of the alleged conspirators. That includes calling meetings where the conspirators first met and structuring the planning stage for the crime. The FBI even paid for room and foods to keep the planning going. Reportedly, the FBI informant ultimately rose to second in command of the conspiracy.

more
https://conservativebrief.com/fbi-whitmer-46397/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Aug 17, 2021 6:20 PM EST
FBI allegedly told informant in Governor Whitmer kidnapping plot to lie and delete messages
Hills claims that an agent from the FBI directed a man named "Dan" to lie to people in the group he had infiltrated and possibly even implicate an innocent third party as part of his duties.
James Anthony
August 17, 2021 2:20 PM

Michael Hills, an attorney for Brandon Caserta, one of six charged in a plot to kidnap Michigan's Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has claimed that the FBI told an informant to lie and entrap group members.

Hills claims that an agent from the FBI directed a man named "Dan" to lie to people in the group he had infiltrated and possibly even implicate an innocent third party as part of his duties.

Hills wrote, "These text messages indicate the FBI was pushing their paid agent to actively recruit people into an overt act in furtherance of a conspiracy," according to Just The News.

The transcript submitted by Hills reads: "Counsel has found further text messages between [FBI special agent] Impola and Dan indicating Dan should destroy his text messages and instruct[ing] Dan to lie and accuse an innocent 3rd party of being a federal agent spy to the founder of Wolverine Watchmen." ... The Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nothing new....

I know you're short of cash, but Mr. Weaver, if you just cut those shotguns off where I marked 'em, I'll buy them...

(The entrapment that began Ruby Ridge.)

The one in the room full of conservatives screeching loudest about blowing things up, burning things down, or otherwise conspiring (they love that one, you only have to talk credibly about it) to do illegal stuff is usually an FBI Agent.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

So we have to get our breaking news from the Conservative Brief now.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We won't see this on ABCNNBCBS...

Step one: Ban anything bad for the Regime from mainstream news outlets and media.

Step two: When it gets published on more marginal media, decry that media as marginal and attack the source, not the material.

Step three: censor what you can, especially on social media, if not, send in the trolls to either shout down the source, ridicule the concept without actually addressing facts, or turn the thread into a hateful and profane bickering contest so people won't read further.

Mission accomplished. Narrative controlled.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:06:20 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

The Post Millennial is pretty good.