Author Topic: 94% of sailors say US Navy has ‘crisis of leadership and culture,’ Congressional report finds  (Read 383 times)

rangerrebew

94% of sailors say US Navy has ‘crisis of leadership and culture,’ Congressional report finds

July 23, 2021 Liz George

A congressional report on the U.S. Navy revealed earlier this month that “a staggering 94 percent of sailors interviewed believe that the surface Navy suffers from a crisis of leadership and culture.”

According to the report, many sailors noted that their leadership is “distracted, captive to bureaucratic excess, and rewarded for the successful execution of administrative functions rather than their skills as a warfighter.”

One mid-grade officer observed there is an abundance of confusion relating to purpose. “I don’t really think there is a mindset there that the reason why the fleet exists is as a warfighting function…I didn’t really feel that fighting spirit in the surface community.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/07/94-of-sailors-say-us-navy-has-crisis-of-leadership-and-culture-congressional-report-finds/

Offline dfwgator

The Left sees the military as the largest Social Program of them all.

rangerrebew

I guess "management" isn't pushing hard enough on LGBTQ rights, Critical Race Theory, and the evils of white rage, otherwise sailors would be deliriously happy. ****slapping

Offline Absalom

It's been obvious to the aware that the Pentagon has been little more than
another DC bureaucracy for decades, kowtowing to assorted congress-critters.

rangerrebew

It's been obvious to the aware that the Pentagon has been little more than
another DC bureaucracy for decades, kowtowing to assorted congress-critters.

They, in turn, kowtow to China and Russia. :im waiting: