Author Topic: Pride and the Fall of Anthony Fauci  (Read 146 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Pride and the Fall of Anthony Fauci
« on: July 25, 2021, 12:33:06 pm »
American Thinker by Clarice Feldman 7/25/2021

The ancient Greeks, whose admonitions seem evergreen, warned us that excess pride and ambition would lead those guilty of it to ruin. I think that it true of Anthony Fauci.

First, a confession. I thought little of his handling years ago of the AIDS disease and even less of him as he flip-flopped through so many adoring media interviews on COVID-19. (So many, indeed, that one wonders if he ever had time to read the research on COVID-19, its spread and treatments). Moreover, twice now my family members have made plans to travel far to spend some time with my 102-year-old mother -- now rapidly failing in an intensive care facility -- only to have those plans dashed.

The first cancellation was caused  by a COVID-19 quarantine in Hawaii where they live. This week it’s because my mother had come into contact with someone who may have contracted COVID. Naturally, I’m really angry at anyone who helped create and disseminate the virus and cover up its origins.

Of course, my personal anguish at the ravages of COVID are minor compared to those who lost loved ones (often without a possibility of providing comfort in their final hours), had to shutter their businesses, lost income, suffered painful illness and more. And then there’s the loss of treasury.

The government’s COVID relief programs have cost $5.2 trillion, more than World War II, which cost $4.7 trillion. Those mountains of money will cause inflation, raise interest rates and reduce in stock prices.

On a human level, the death toll from COVID has surpassed that of World War II and the Korean and Vietnam wars.

Naturally, we want to know the origins of the disease and assess some measure of culpability for this worldwide disaster, and it has become increasingly clear that the virus originated in the Wuhan Chinese virology lab, and that media darling Fauci bears some significant responsibility for funding the research that made the virus, once confined to bats, transmissible to humans. Moreover, he has played a major role in covering up the source, the NIH funding for the research, and his role in providing the funding.

More: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/07/pride_and_the_fall_of_anthony_fauci.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Pride and the Fall of Anthony Fauci
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 12:52:34 pm »
Fauci wasn't harmed by anything that has happened. He was a nothing nobody in a partisan hack job,and suddenly he is thrust into stardom,and will be treated like a rock star by the left for the rest of his life.

And this doesn't even address all the money he is getting for personal appearances,both obvious and under the table,and will continue to get for years,as he is invited on teebee shows and news interviews to discuss how President Trump is putting the world in danger after the next elections.

He,and nobody that has even held his current position has ever had it so good.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 01:34:50 pm »
Fauci wasn't harmed by anything that has happened. He was a nothing nobody in a partisan hack job,and suddenly he is thrust into stardom,and will be treated like a rock star by the left for the rest of his life.

And this doesn't even address all the money he is getting for personal appearances,both obvious and under the table,and will continue to get for years,as he is invited on teebee shows and news interviews to discuss how President Trump is putting the world in danger after the next elections.

He,and nobody that has even held his current position has ever had it so good.
It is possible he will become the visual representation of the shutdowns and suffering caused by government's response to the pandemic. It will depend upon how public opinion evolves. Kinda like how the BeeGees came to represent disco.

That doesn't mean he'll ever have to spend a day in jail or give up a penny of his filthy lucre. But it will mean his name is garbage for all time.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 01:57:44 pm »
Fauci. The face of failure. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.