Author Topic: Prepare Now for War in the Pacific  (Read 824 times)

rangerrebew

Prepare Now for War in the Pacific
« on: July 24, 2021, 02:39:03 pm »
Prepare Now for War in the Pacific

The window to prepare for war in the western Pacific is closing quickly. The United States must build and prepare naval forces that can deter China, or defeat it if necessary.
By Congressman Michael Gallagher (R-Wisconsin)
July 2021
Proceedings
Vol. 147/7/1,421

When I served in the Marine Corps, I spent most of my time as far away from ships as possible in the middle of the Iraqi desert and as a Middle East expert. In what might have been the only successful pivot in recent U.S. foreign policy, since entering Congress, I have dedicated much of my focus to maritime security in the Indo-Pacific.

Since coming to Congress, I have spent a good deal of time speaking and writing on naval topics. I’ve had the privilege of speaking to the Surface Navy Association, CSIS, and the Naval Institute, and writing for War On the Rocks, for example. In these conversations, I have come to realize that we can no longer afford just to preach to the sea power “choir.” As Admiral Phil Davidson, the former Commander, U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, recently warned, we may have six years or less before the People’s Republic of China (PRC) takes action against Taiwan. Some have taken to calling this the “Davidson window.” Other senior leaders, including Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Michael Gilday and Commandant of the Marine Corps General David Berger, agree with his assessment. Think about that for a minute. The United States may only have a few years to prepare for a war that could decide the course of the remainder of this century.

Geography dictates such a war would be waged first and foremost by the Sea Services. The United States cannot simply pay lip service to the idea of naval supremacy anymore; we have to earn it, every day. To avert disaster—and make no mistake, that is where our present course leads—the White House, Congress, and the Pentagon must act with a sense of urgency and advocate for, build, and resource American sea power before it is too late.

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2021/july/prepare-now-war-pacific

rangerrebew

Re: Prepare Now for War in the Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 02:40:57 pm »
The military can't afford the time.  The troops are busy with important stuff like becoming masters of Critical Race Theory, white rage, and learning to love people who are LGBTQ. :whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 03:31:09 pm »
Wasn't there an article recently in regards to China was building it's navy very rapidly??

Under Biden, I don't see that we have a chance period.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 08:35:47 pm »
The United States isn't going to go to war over a Chinese invasion of Taiwan.

The only possible outcome of such a conflict would be an eventual escalation to "nuclear".

And given the current regime, probably installed with the technical help of the CCP (underground election apparatus), the US government would probably back away with a few sternly-worded letters and drop it into the lap of the UN (which would do nothing).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 11:31:26 pm »
The author of that article is full of Bush. We are NOT going to go to war with China,period.

For one thing,we no longer have the military ability to defeat them unless we go nuclear,and even that isn't a sure thing.

For another,China would put a freeze on shipping us tv's,auto parts,toys,tools,and every other damn thing you can think of. We no longer manufacture ANYTHING of importance,the Chinese make it for us and we buy it from them. Over and over,because everything they sell is crap.

And finally,they OWN the DNC outright,and a larger chunk of the RNC that we like to admit,or even think about.

IF we don't elect Trump in 2024,America is done.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline AARguy

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 11:35:08 pm »
I can't help but believe that civilian discussions of any future war are molded by a national strategy designed to limit our knowledge of true projections. CHAMP technology is probably he most significant tactical reality of the next war and it is rarely mentioned. We seem to spin our wheels discussing a future war that will largely mirror past wars. I cannot help but believe that this is intentionally channeled by government planners.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 12:43:14 am »
I'm not worried. I have full faith in Commander in Chief Kamala to lead us to victory over China.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 01:13:59 am »
I'm not worried. I have full faith in Commander in Chief Kamala to lead us to victory over China.

Right. Joe has a magic bag of tricks. No worries.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 01:15:02 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 06:58:00 am »

We've been on our way for a long time. We won't have to go to war with them, they are already at war with us.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 06:59:07 am »
Right. Joe has a magic bag of tricks. No worries.

@libertybele

Well,he DID turn his crackhead son into a finanicial wizard,an expert on the mining biz,and a highly successful international artist!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!