Author Topic: Team USA gets no medals to open Summer Olympics for first time in decades  (Read 737 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Team USA gets no medals to open Summer Olympics for first time in decades
By Celine Castronuovo - 07/24/21 08:29 AM EDT

Team USA athletes suffered multiple upset losses in the first official day of competition at the Tokyo Olympics on Saturday, the first time in decades the U.S. has walked away with no medals on Day 1 of the Summer Games.

A total of 11 gold medals were given out Saturday for events in archery, cycling, fencing, judo, air rifle and pistol shooting, taekwondo and weightlifting. However, the U.S. athletes did not receive gold, silver or bronze in any of the events Saturday.

Olympic historian Bill Mallon pointed out that this was the first time the U.S. did not get any medals on Day 1 of the Summer Olympics since Munich in 1972, though Team USA also failed to medal on the first day of the Winter Olympics in 2018.

China won the first gold medal of the Tokyo Games on Saturday with a victory from Yang Qian in the 10-meter air rifle competition.

USA Today reported that Yang was able to edge out the Russian Olympic Committee’s Anastasiia Galashina, with Switzerland's Nina Christen raking the bronze.

Mary Tucker, the American competing in the event who is ranked No. 2 in the world, had a series of unusual bad shots in the final on Saturday, causing her to ultimately place sixth.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/564653-team-usa-gets-no-medals-to-open-olympics-for-first-time-in-decades
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I could really care less.  The patriotism to America that was once represented by the U.S. Olympic team is gone.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Ditto.  In fact, I hope they all lose.  I refuse to watch these bums.  They do not represent the USA I know.

USA scum, every last kneeling idiot!!!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Screw um all.
I'm rooting for China, along with the entire Liberal Democrat Communist Party.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.