Author Topic: Next nuclear disaster? A reactor at Taishan Nuclear Power Plant has fuel rods damaged but Chinese of  (Read 737 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Strange Sounds -Jul 23, 2021

Next nuclear disaster? A reactor at Taishan Nuclear Power Plant has fuel rods damaged but Chinese officials don’t want to shut it down!

French energy company EDF has announced that it would shut down a reactor at the Taishan Nuclear Power Plant in China’s Guangdong province due to damage to its fuel rods if it could…

But the decision is ultimately up to the plant’s Chinese operator… And they don’t want, citing ‘the radiochemical parameters of the reactor’s primary circuit water were found to be below regulatory thresholds.‘

The power plant is operated by Taishan Nuclear Power Joint Venture (TNPJVC): China Guangdong Nuclear Power (CGNPC with 70% stake) and Energie de France (EDF with 30% stake).

After problems were found in fuel rod seals in nuclear reactor No I, EDF analysed data provided by TNPJVC, mainly regarding the primary circuit water’s chemical composition.

These show that the water’s radiochemical parameters are still below the regulatory thresholds.

However, the new data show that the situation is evolving in the bad direction thus prompting continuous monitoring.

More: https://strangesounds.org/2021/07/next-nuclear-plant-disaster-taishan-nuclear-power-plant-reactor-video.html

Offline mountaineer

Public safety never has been a high priority item for the Chinese government.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

It'll help with their population control.  *****rollingeyes*****    **nononono*

The reactor is located in Guangdong with a population of appx. 126 million.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Good background information, Pete!

Elder posted that thread, too. I just happened to remember seeing it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If this ends up creating a huge disaster, it will be the kiss of death for almost all nuke plants in all but a few countries.  This augers very poorly for places like Arizona.  Palo Verde is a huge plant, and exports to California. 

When I stop and think about it, closing PV would really hurt the CA Coasties so maybe it's not all bad.  I know we have many really good Briefers live there so I have to stay off the fence, and on the side of keeping the nukes going.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
If this ends up creating a huge disaster, it will be the kiss of death for almost all nuke plants in all but a few countries.  This augers very poorly for places like Arizona.  Palo Verde is a huge plant, and exports to California. 

When I stop and think about it, closing PV would really hurt the CA Coasties so maybe it's not all bad.  I know we have many really good Briefers live there so I have to stay off the fence, and on the side of keeping the nukes going.
Libs, greenies and environutters voted for this crap, I didn't, so I don't take it personally.  Besides, we're not staying in CA after I retire, so if we can make it just a few more years, it's all good.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.