Author Topic: Not wishing the U.S. woman's soccer team well  (Read 233 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Not wishing the U.S. woman's soccer team well
« on: July 23, 2021, 01:45:06 pm »
July 23, 2021
Not wishing the U.S. woman's soccer team well
By Peter Skurkiss

The heavily favorite U,S. women's soccer team was humiliated in its 3-0 loss to Sweden in the first round of the 2020 Summer Olympics. Many people, even conservatives, lamented that and hope the team can recover and go on to win a medal if not the gold. Not me. Winning the gold would only give a high visibility platform to America-haters like the team's captain, the woke Megan Rapinoe. The corporate media would make hay out of that like you wouldn't believe. This is the last thing the America needs.

But what about team members who do not ascribe to Rapinoe's negative view of America? Well, as Gus McCrae (Robert Duvall) said to his friend Jake Spoon (Robert Urich) as he was about to hang him in the iconic scene from Lonesome Dove,  "You know how it works Jake. You ride with an outlaw, you die with an outlaw." Jake pleaded with Gus for his life saying he himself didn't do any killing. He was riding with the outlaws just to get through the territory. It didn't matter. Gus hung Jake.

Does it sound harsh not to wish the U.S. women's soccer team well? Maybe it is, just as hanging Jake was harsh. But if there is any hope of saving our constitutional republic, conservatives have to learn how to play hardball. This means every time and everywhere a leftist initiative shows its ugly head, it should be stepped on or at the very least resisted. It also means learning to anticipate when a seemingly inconsequential leak (success for the women's soccer team) in a dam can lead to flood. We have to learn how to play smart.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/not_wishing_the_us_womans_soccer_team_well_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Not wishing the U.S. woman's soccer team well
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 01:46:58 pm »
Bunch of American-hating Lesbos don't represent me.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 02:06:18 pm »
I can't support losers in life in any sport. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 02:11:47 pm »
I'm perfectly happy to see them get beat.

I feel sorry for the minority of the team members who are still loyal Americans, but the team as a whole does not represent me or the U.S., so their losses are theirs alone, not those of the U.S.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 02:22:19 pm »
I can't support losers in life in any sport.
Because a team of 15 year old boys beat them in a pick up game?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 06:10:32 pm »
Because a team of 15 year old boys beat them in a pick up game?
Maybe they should have got those boys together, put wigs on them and said they were transgendered?