Author Topic: Air Force colonel tells crew they failed America because they nixed an unsafe training mission  (Read 226 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force colonel tells crew they failed America because they nixed an unsafe training mission

“I can't express to you the level of disappointment I have right now.”

By David Roza Updated Jul 21, 2021 6:33 PM

An Air Force commander took serious heat from airmen on social media this weekend for berating his crew when they decided not to fly a training mission in dangerous conditions. In a leaked audio recording of a meeting with his subordinates, Col. Gary Donovan, the commander of the operations group for the 552nd Air Control Wing at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma, can be heard expressing his “chasm” of disappointment to subordinates because a training mission was cancelled last Wednesday.

“At no point in my mind did I think I would walk in and find out that America’s Wing, the operational heartbeat of the command and control enterprise for the free world, would show up and say ‘I can’t execute this mission,’” Donovan told his subordinates at the July 14 meeting, according to an audio recording that was first shared on the popular Facebook page Air Force amn/nco/snco on Sunday. 

“Not once did that cross my mind,” Donovan said. “I can’t express to you the level of disappointment I have right now.”

You can listen to the audio recording below:

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/tinker-air-force-base-awacs-sleep/

rangerrebew

I wonder if the real problem with lack of sleep was they still had their Critical Race Theory studies to complete? :whistle:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
In a training environment or exercise, crew rest is crew rest.  That jackass changed up their flight schedules such that they couldn't adjust sleep routines to get the proper amount of rest.

I don't know about anyone else here, but if I were entrusted with the lives of ~25 other people and an irreplaceable aircraft, I'm just not taking that risk.

During actual war, people will do whatever is required to succeed.  I've seen pilots go on less than optimal crew rest, maintenance (no crew rest req's) working 24+ hours, etc.

This guy is just being a dick and deserves all the scorn and ridicule coming his way.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.