Author Topic: W.H. Spox: Biden ‘Reviewing’ Changing Law to Make Social Media Liable for Misinformation, ‘They Shou  (Read 245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
W.H. Spox: Biden ‘Reviewing’ Changing Law to Make Social Media Liable for Misinformation, ‘They Should Be Held Accountable’

Ian Hanchett 20 Jul 2021

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” White House Communications Director Kate Bedingfield said that the White House is “reviewing” amending Section 230 to hold social media outlets liable for spreading inaccurate information that harms people, “and certainly, they should be held accountable. And I think you’ve heard the president speak very aggressively about this.”

Bedingfield said, “With regard to social media and misinformation, he has raised, we all have a responsibility here, the social media companies have a responsibility, news outlets who are promoting misinformation on their — using their airwaves to promote misinformation have a responsibility. He is going to call it out. He is going to continue to push and we, as an administration, are going to continue to provide good, accurate information, particularly about the vaccine to make sure people get this shot so we can put this pandemic behind us once and for all.”

Co-host Mika Brzezinski then asked, “I’m just wondering if he’s open to amending 230 when Facebook and Twitter and other social media outlets spread false information that cause Americans harm, shouldn’t they be held accountable in a real way? Shouldn’t they be liable for publishing that information and then open to lawsuits?”

Bedingfield responded, “Well, we’re reviewing that, and certainly, they should be held accountable. And I think you’ve heard the president speak very aggressively about this. He understands this is an important piece of the ecosystem. But it’s also, the other thing the president has pointed out and spoke to when he was asked about this yesterday, is it is also the responsibility of the people creating the content. And again, I would go back to, there are conservative news outlets who are creating irresponsible content that’s sharing misinformation about the virus that’s getting shared on these platforms. So, it is a big and complicated ecosystem and everybody bears responsibility to ensure that we are not providing people with bad information about a vaccine that will save their lives.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/20/w-h-spox-biden-reviewing-changing-law-to-make-social-media-liable-for-misinformation-they-should-be-held-accountable/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Everything Traitor Joe and his administration says is misinformation.

Offline LMAO

Even diehard Democrats I know seem to sense that there is a problem with the idea of government monitoring what people post on social media

I have not heard one person defend this. This is another example of the Democrat party left moving further and further into their own little bubble

This is actually a test for them. If they can control what they determine is disinformation when  it comes to Covid, what else can they control under the guise of “stopping disinformation?”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The utterly irresponsible and hostile to lawful Americans democrats, demand harsh accountabilities and censorship towards those that refuse to buy into the eco-nazis and Co-vid crap the democrats heavily invested into to crisis fundamentally change America.  They don't want you or the police to defend you either!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions