Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE U.S., Germany to announce deal on Nord Stream 2 pipeline in coming days -sources  (Read 558 times)

Online libertybele

EXCLUSIVE U.S., Germany to announce deal on Nord Stream 2 pipeline in coming days -sources

The United States and Germany are expected to announce in coming days a deal resolving their long-standing dispute over Russia's $11 billion Nord Stream 2 natural gas pipeline, sources familiar with the matter said on Monday.

President Joe Biden and German Chancellor Angela Merkel failed to settle their differences over the undersea pipeline when they met last week, but agreed Moscow must not be allowed to use energy as a weapon against its neighbors.

A deal is now in sight after discussions among U.S. and German officials about U.S. concerns that the pipeline, which is 98% complete, will increase Europe's dependence on Russian gas, and could rob Ukraine of the transit fees it now collects on gas pumped through an existing pipeline.

An agreement would avert the resumption of currently waived U.S. sanctions against Nord Stream 2 AG, the company behind the pipeline, and its chief executive...................

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-germany-announce-deal-nord-stream-2-pipeline-coming-days-sources-2021-07-19/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Why is this any of our business?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Maybe NATO?

The US still is a member
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Hunter needs his kickback first.

Actually under Trump, he was trying to get agreements for sell US LNG and have more diversified sources of energy to Europe rather than overly dependent on Russia for energy.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline dfwgator

Maybe NATO?

The US still is a member

I suppose that leads to the next question, why do we still need NATO, especially with a country like Turkey in it?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I suppose that leads to the next question, why do we still need NATO, especially with a country like Turkey in it?
That is indeed a better question.

I suppose one must consider is it better that Europe be absorbed by Russia or not?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington