Author Topic: CDC director warns of 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' as cases rise  (Read 1553 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC director warns of 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' as cases rise
By Peter Sullivan - 07/16/21 12:20 PM EDT

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Rochelle Walensky warned of rising cases on Friday, stating that COVID-19 is "becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated" and that vaccinated people are protected against severe disease.

The highly transmissible delta variant is fueling expanding outbreaks, but they are centered in parts of the country with lower vaccination rates.

"This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Walensky said during a White House press briefing. "We are seeing outbreaks of cases in parts of the country that have low vaccination coverage, because unvaccinated people are at risk."

The country is averaging about 26,000 cases per day, nearly a 70 percent increase from the previous seven-day average, Walensky said. Hospitalizations are also up, to about 2,790 per day, a 36 percent increase from the prior week and deaths are up 26 percent to 211 per day.

But almost all of the hospitalizations and deaths are among unvaccinated people. Walensky said 97 percent of people entering the hospital with COVID-19 are unvaccinated.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/563391-cdc-director-warns-of-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated-as-cases-rise
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: CDC director warns of 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' as cases rise
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 04:49:09 pm »
Rochelle Walensky.  Bugger off you bloody wanker.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 05:26:41 pm »

That's their choice.  They have a right to be stupid, wrong, and to die alone in an ICU on a ventilator.  It's natural selection thinning the Maga herd.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 06:05:21 pm »
What an uneducated and hyperbolic comment. The chance unvaccinated people will end up on a ventilator, even if they get the Covid-19, is slim.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 11:19:21 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 07:13:46 pm »
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The US is currently experiencing a small bump in new cases. The bump is dwarfed by the surge during the spring and almost invisible compared to the surge during the winter. The US is not currently experiencing a surge or bump in Covid deaths, either.

Bozoid Life Form Walensky is trying to Himalayanize an ant hill, but reality contradicts her. She should save her wolf-crying for a real wolf.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 07:50:01 pm »
Sorry but I call BS on her claims.
The Republic is lost.

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 07:55:52 pm »
Sorry but I call BS on her claims.
Agreed and it is hard to take serious someone who wears purple lipstick.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 08:27:33 pm »
That's their choice.  They have a right to be stupid, wrong, and to die alone in an ICU on a ventilator.  It's natural selection thinning the Maga herd.

???Natural selection of the Maga herd??  So are you implying that no Trump supporters have been vaccinated??  On what are you basing that assumption on?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2021, 08:50:23 pm »
There is statistical correlation between counties Trump won, lower vaccinate rates, and increased hospitalizations:

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the-red-blue-divide-in-covid-19-vaccination-rates-is-growing/

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2021, 09:36:55 pm »
There is statistical correlation between counties Trump won, lower vaccinate rates, and increased hospitalizations:

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the-red-blue-divide-in-covid-19-vaccination-rates-is-growing/
Strawman statistics pushed by those who wish to control free people.
There is a statistical correlation between rat run states and a loss of the freedom.   

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2021, 09:37:40 pm »
CDC director warns of 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' as cases rise

Pandemic of the unvaccinated?  This latest DNC talking point is stupid on all levels.  By definition, "pan-" means all-inclusive.  Yet "unvaccinated" is exclusive.  It is an oxymoron dished out by a bunch of morons.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 09:43:13 pm »

Interesting link you have there, @DefiantMassRINO .  Do you frequent left-wing websites often?

KFF CEO - Drew Altman

He sure likes giving money to Democrats

https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=Drew+Altman
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 09:50:40 pm »
Strawman statistics pushed by those who wish to control free people.
There is a statistical correlation between rat run states and a loss of the freedom.

:amen:     
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 10:01:43 pm »

You discredited the source of the information, but you did not rebut the information itself.

If you have information to contradict the data I linked to, I'd like to see it.

Do you always get your news for FoxNews, NewsMax, One America News, or Breibart?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 10:12:11 pm »

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 10:13:37 pm »
You discredited the source of the information, but you did not rebut the information itself.

Do you always get your news for FoxNews, NewsMax, One America News, or Breibart?

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 10:16:36 pm »

The 'article' mentions nothing about hospitalizations.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2021, 10:41:47 pm »

Just to be clear, do you want me to rebut the data at that site?  Or do you want me to rebut your claims about what that site said?  The two are not the same.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2021, 10:44:45 pm »

Ah, the pitfalls of copying and pasting links you found at DU without ever reading them for yourself.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2021, 10:58:49 pm »
Who gives a shit?  COVID is in the same category as lung cancer now.  If people want to take precautions, they will.  None of my business or anyone else's.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2021, 11:18:42 pm »
Nor ventilators.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2021, 11:24:03 pm »

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2021, 12:28:46 pm »
Follow the science: ‘Deadly’ Delta variant registers a 99.9+% recovery rate   
Jordan Schachtel
Jun 28, 2021      

You wouldn’t know it by following the corporate press and the usual suspects who traffic in endless amounts of COVID Mania fear mongering, but the actual data on the much hyped Delta variant (sometimes referred to as the Indian variant) that you keep hearing about doesn’t fit the “deadly” virus narrative that is being advertised to the public.

Don’t take it from me. Here’s the data straight from the U.K. government, which is tracking this mutation as sporting a case fatality rate of 0.1%.

Now, a case fatality rate (CFR) is many times higher than the actual death rate (infection fatality rate, or IFR), because the vast majority of COVID-19 cases go undetected.  ... FULL STORY

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2021, 12:40:06 pm »
What does one call hyperbolic rhetoric in service of a political agenda?  Propaganda.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2021, 03:53:54 pm »
Now, a case fatality rate (CFR) is many times higher than the actual death rate (infection fatality rate, or IFR), because the vast majority of COVID-19 cases go undetected. Through my previous reporting, I’ve found that the World Health Organization runs its numbers based on the estimate that 1 in 20 cases are detected, while the CDC bases its estimates on a 1 in 10 ratio.
That may have been true in March 2020, but there's no way with as much testing as there has been available since last summer that that many cases are falling through the cracks. If we missed that many, there wouldn't be anybody left to infect!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024