Author Topic: Pro-impeachment Republicans outpace GOP rivals in second-quarter fundraising  (Read 574 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pro-impeachment Republicans outpace GOP rivals in second-quarter fundraising
By Max Greenwood - 07/15/21 11:22 PM EDT

Republicans who voted earlier this year to impeach former President Trump are outpacing their primary challengers in the money race.

Now, the 10 House Republicans who broke party lines in the chamber’s January impeachment vote are heading into the second half of 2021 flush with cash, financial reports filed on Thursday with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) show.

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), who was ousted from her post as the No. 3 House Republican in May, raked in the most cash of the group in the second quarter of the year, raising nearly $1.9 million and closing out June with more than $2.8 million in the bank.

Another pro-impeachment Republican, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), brought in more than $800,000 for his 2022 reelection bid in the same time frame. He began the second half of the year with more than $3 million in cash on- hand.

Cheney and Kinzinger have emerged as two of the most vocal Trump critics in the House Republican caucus since the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol that preceded the former president’s second impeachment. That criticism has earned each of them a set of primary challengers, many of whom are hoping to capitalize on Trump’s remaining influence within the GOP to win their party’s nomination next year.

But so far, none have managed to out-raise Cheney or Kinzinger.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/563331-pro-impeachment-republicans-outpace-gop-rivals-in-second-quarter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Didn't read the piece. Did The Shill mention the relative proportion of small donations the pro and con-Trump candidates are receiving? My guess is Cheney's & Kinzinger's donations came in about 6 or 8 gigantic lumps.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 01:45:05 pm by skeeter »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The Shill sez wut?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

Just more fake news BS from your favorite toilet paper The Hill.

Offline dfwgator

Democrats want those Republicans to win even at the expense of Democrat candidates to stick it to Trump voters.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Didn't read the piece. Did The Shill mention the relative proportion of small donations the pro and con-Trump candidates are receiving? My guess is Cheney's & Kinzinger's donations came in about 6 or 8 gigantic lumps.

:yowsa:  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

Pro-impeachment Republicans outpace GOP rivals in second-quarter fundraising
By Max Greenwood - 07/15/21 11:22 PM EDT

Republicans who voted earlier this year to impeach former President Trump are outpacing their primary challengers in the money race.

Now, the 10 House Republicans who broke party lines in the chamber’s January impeachment vote are heading into the second half of 2021 flush with cash, financial reports filed on Thursday with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) show.

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), who was ousted from her post as the No. 3 House Republican in May, raked in the most cash of the group in the second quarter of the year, raising nearly $1.9 million and closing out June with more than $2.8 million in the bank.

Another pro-impeachment Republican, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), brought in more than $800,000 for his 2022 reelection bid in the same time frame. He began the second half of the year with more than $3 million in cash on- hand.

Cheney and Kinzinger have emerged as two of the most vocal Trump critics in the House Republican caucus since the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol that preceded the former president’s second impeachment. That criticism has earned each of them a set of primary challengers, many of whom are hoping to capitalize on Trump’s remaining influence within the GOP to win their party’s nomination next year.

But so far, none have managed to out-raise Cheney or Kinzinger.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/563331-pro-impeachment-republicans-outpace-gop-rivals-in-second-quarter

Doesn't matter...won't save them. The Left is dumping money in these Quisling's coffers...good. That's money that might be spent in close House/Senate races that could go either way...people like Cheney are walking the mile and there ain't no turning back.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 04:57:29 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats have been fighting the war on the rich, so they tell us, for many many decades.  Odd how the rich is always filling the democrat coffers with money, and even more strange the voters are often refused representation that the rich, foreigners, and minorities receive generously.  Yet so many unrepresented white guilt fools vote for democrats anyway, to much inbreeding?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Hoodat

Not difficult when both the GOPe AND Democrats are funding them.  How much did each one get from Soros and Zuckerberg?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've said this before and I'll post it again:

Unless Wyoming Republicans can find someone better to run against Cheney than that challenger who had the 14-year-old concubine, she's going to win again.

Easily.

Online libertybele

I've said this before and I'll post it again:

Unless Wyoming Republicans can find someone better to run against Cheney than that challenger who had the 14-year-old concubine, she's going to win again.

Easily.

@Fishrrman it's not just Wyoming.  The problem for a very long time has been that there are no true conservative challengers, or the GOPe rally against them to ensure that they keep their country club members seated.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Fisherrman:

christian:
Sounds like both parties bi-partisan-ed to save Cheney, eh?  The deep State globalist are in both parties.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions