Author Topic: Trump to meet with McCarthy on Thursday  (Read 588 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to meet with McCarthy on Thursday
« on: July 15, 2021, 01:57:01 pm »
Trump to meet with McCarthy on Thursday
By Brett Samuels - 07/15/21 09:20 AM EDT

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) will visit with former President Trump at Trump's golf club in New Jersey on Thursday, Trump said in a statement.

McCarthy will travel to Bedminster for his second in-person meeting with Trump since he left office in January. McCarthy previously met with Trump at the former president's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

"Much to discuss!" Trump said in a statement.

The two men have projected a united front about their desire to return Republicans to the majority in the House. Trump is not interested in becoming Speaker, however, after the idea was floated in some circles that the former president could be voted into the job if Republicans retake the House in 2022.

McCarthy's multiple visits to Trump's properties reflect the influence the former president still holds over the House GOP caucus in particular, as dozens of House Republicans have traveled to Trump properties or the southern border to meet with him.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/563143-trump-to-meet-with-mccarthy-on-thursday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Trump to meet with McCarthy on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 07:18:40 pm »
If Trump trusts McCarthy then it's just more proof of Trump’s horrible decisions of personnel. McCarthy is an untrustworthy RINO without any credibility.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 07:31:38 pm »
If Trump trusts McCarthy then it's just more proof of Trump’s horrible decisions of personnel. McCarthy is an untrustworthy RINO without any credibility.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 07:50:25 pm »

That's a possibility, but with McCarthy as the House Minority leader, that's who Trump has to work with, though Trump would be better off working with someone like Jordan.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 08:03:29 pm »

Kind of like biden and democrats wanting all Americans under close surveillance.  An acknowledgment of whom they view as a threat and their enemy.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 08:58:22 pm »
Trump is probably looking for a loyalty oath.

It would be most unfortunate if McCarthy had to face a primary challenger in 2022.

What if Uncle Donny could make sure such a tragedy didn't befall such a promising young Republican who could become House Speaker?  All that will be left between them is their freidnship. 

Kevin McCarthy, will you be Donald Trump's friend and kiss his ring?

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 09:14:47 pm »
Trump is probably looking for a loyalty oath.

It would be most unfortunate if McCarthy had to face a primary challenger in 2022.

What if Uncle Donny could make sure such a tragedy didn't befall such a promising young Republican who could become House Speaker?  All that will be left between them is their freidnship. 

Kevin McCarthy, will you be Donald Trump's friend and kiss his ring?

*****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****  *****rollingeyes*****

Conservatives need to figure out a path forward to ensure election integrity instead of bashing the past president, which does absolutely no good and is pointless.

With amnesty just around the corner for millions it is going to be virtually impossible for a Republican to be seated in the first place.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 04:34:30 am »

Of course he doesn't trust McCarthy. But McCarthy is the House Majority leader and that means President Trump must coordinate with the man if the House is to be retaken. Further, the more McCarthy is publicly seen paying homage to Trump, the stronger the Party will be heading into the 2022 cycle. I'm not a McCarthy fan, but he certainly can't be ignored by those fighting to win back the House...what matters is that President Trump is the man moving the pieces around the GOP table, and McCarthy is one of those pieces, because its the MAGA movement that will win the 2022 elections.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 04:35:31 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2021, 02:44:04 pm »
Trump had backbone and was a fighter.  The same cannot be said for GOP leadership in the House and Senate.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright