Author Topic: Kristi Noem’s National Guard Deployment Is America’s Future  (Read 1035 times)

rangerrebew

Kristi Noem’s National Guard Deployment Is America’s Future

The private sector has long been absorbing duties that belong to the government—and that pattern is intensifying.
By Eric Schnurer
July 13, 2021 11:17 AM ET

The recent decision by South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem to accept private funding from Willis Johnson, a major Republican donor, to send her state’s National Guard to the Mexican border has been called unprecedented, a conflict of interest, an abuse of public power for personal political gain, an outsourcing and privatization of national security, an assault on the authority and legitimacy of the federal government, and a reflection of, as the journalist Paul Waldman put it in The Washington Post, “some people’s rejection of the idea that existing rules and structures have to be considered legitimate at all.”

It is all of those things. And it may be one other thing too: the future.

What Noem and Johnson are doing destroys modern boundaries between public and private, political and personal, and governmental and commercial. Taking a longer view, though, this public-private arrangement isn’t all that novel: Everything that has been criticized about it has been standard practice in the past. More significantly, it represents the direction in which things are headed.

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2021/07/kristi-noems-national-guard-deployment-americas-future/183711/

rangerrebew

Re: Kristi Noem’s National Guard Deployment Is America’s Future
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 01:58:34 pm »
If so, the Biden administration will probably sue to stop the practice. :im waiting:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 02:34:47 pm »
Just another step towards our Constitutional Federal Republic devolving into a feudal amalgam of fiefdoms, warlords, and mercenary armies.

The National Guard were intended to be citizen soldiers in the tradition of Revolutionary War Minutemen, not mercenary armies for hire to poltical donors.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 02:40:11 pm »
Another state doing what's right and defying the Communist warlord Biden.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 02:41:14 pm »
Just another step towards our Constitutional Federal Republic devolving into a feudal amalgam of fiefdoms, warlords, and mercenary armies.

The National Guard were intended to be citizen soldiers in the tradition of Revolutionary War Minutemen, not mercenary armies for hire to poltical donors.

@DefiantMassRINO

I agree. She needs to have her hand spanked for this.

On the other hand,stuff like this is WHY the Fearal Goobermint exists,and Slow Joe needs to pulled across the coals for neglecting his sworn duty to protect the nation.

If this "Biden" keeps up,the part of the professional criminal class in DC that we call "politicians" just might find themselves out of jobs and graft.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 02:44:00 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline AARguy

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 02:44:42 pm »
YAY KRISTI!!

C'mon Texas! SECEDE NOW!!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 02:45:17 pm »
So, as per the comments, it should now be illegal for a private individual to make a private contribution to a state government to help with funding the government's activities?  All funding should come from, what, only compulsory taxes?

Is there any indication that the funding came with strings attached that gave the donor any effective control over the national guard troops?

Offline AARguy

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 02:53:04 pm »
Kristi is doing what's morally correct. Kristi is a hero. Jefferson, Franklin, Washington and the rest are cheering her on. So am I.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 02:54:12 pm »

National Guardsmen did not signup to be mercenaries.  If they wanted to do that, they could make much more money working for private security contractors.

That begs the question, did the private donor contract the South Dakota National Guard to do his bidding becuase it was cheaper than paying for private security forces?

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 03:00:59 pm »
Kristi is supporting Texas and all of America by helping secure our borders. The federal government refuses to secure our borders, a duty specifically addressed in the Constitution. Good for her. And she is pulling out all the stops to make it happen. Thank God for Abbott and the governors of the ten states sending help to protect us by securing our borders.

hat's that I see in the distance?.... SECESSION!!!! YESSSSS!!!!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 03:05:50 pm »
National Guardsmen did not signup to be mercenaries.  If they wanted to do that, they could make much more money working for private security contractors.

That begs the question, did the private donor contract the South Dakota National Guard to do his bidding becuase it was cheaper than paying for private security forces?

Which begs the question:  what evidence is there - other than politically motivated speculation - that the national guard is doing the donor's bidding?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2021, 03:11:34 pm »

Public instutions, such as the National Guard, were never meant to be for sale or lease to the highest bidder.

That donor could have hired private security contractors to fulfill the same function.  He was too cheap to do that.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2021, 03:15:41 pm »
Public instutions, such as the National Guard, were never meant to be for sale or lease to the highest bidder.

That donor could have hired private security contractors to fulfill the same function.  He was too cheap to do that.

You have no evidence that is what happened.  You have no evidence this private donor has any sort of effective control over the national guard.  What you have doesn't even rise to the level of insinuation and implication the democrats had against President Trump on collusion with Russia.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2021, 03:23:26 pm »
If a private citizen is willing to pony up to do the job the FedGov won't do, then fine by me.
The Republic is lost.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2021, 03:26:53 pm »
The Guard is being deployed by the Governor. That's how the system works. That's how it was designed in the first place. The Governor controls the state Guard, unless the Guard is federalized. And in this case, it is not.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2021, 03:27:10 pm »

Offline AARguy

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2021, 03:29:58 pm »
Heck, I'm sending Governor Noem a contribution to help. And I'm no billionaire.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2021, 03:34:02 pm »
I wonder if it was to show the hypocrisy of Dem governors sending NG units to guard the Palace after Jan 6.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2021, 03:52:36 pm »
The Guard is being deployed by the Governor. That's how the system works. That's how it was designed in the first place. The Governor controls the state Guard, unless the Guard is federalized. And in this case, it is not.

@AARguy

And THERE it IS.

Not that it will make any difference to the RINO's and the Dims whose goal it is to destroy America as a free and independent nation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2021, 03:53:34 pm »
I wonder if it was to show the hypocrisy of Dem governors sending NG units to guard the Palace after Jan 6.

@Restored

Gee,I'm wondering why none of the RINO's/lefties here were complaining about THAT?

Online Kamaji

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2021, 03:53:46 pm »
So we've devolved from government by consent of the people to government for hire by billionaires.

https://www.keloland.com/keloland-com-original/governor-noem-tennessee-billionaire-explain-1-million-donation-to-send-s-d-national-guard-to-mexico-border/

Wow.  I bet you still think the Steele Dossier was God's own truth.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2021, 04:20:02 pm »
Wow.  I bet you still think the Steele Dossier was God's own truth.

@Kamaji

Well,he DOES admit to being a RINO and living in Mass..........

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2021, 04:51:51 pm »
The Steele Dossier was Hillary Clinton campaign opposition research, so, it is not trustworthy.  The FBI illegally obtained a FISA warrant based upon a fraudulent application - someone deserves to be in prison.  Hillary Clinton should be in prison for her illegal email server.  Susan Rice is persona-non-grata to me because she lied to my face (via the TV) about Benghazi.

The South Dakota National Guard discussion is about the fundamental philosophies about the nature of government.

The Federal Government is derelict in its duty to protect the borders from illegal entry.  Private citizens are free to use private funds to pay for private endeavours to supplement border security.  Governors have power and responsibility for non-Federalized deployments of the National Guard.

Should a governor accept private donations for a public deployment of a public National Guard?  What's to prevent other governors to accept private donations for the extra-public dispersal of public resources?

Massachusetts did send National Guard to the Capitol after Jan 6th, but not at the behest nor to the benefit of a private citizen.

Is government the domain of all citizens, or just the few with power, money, and influence?

I'm disgusted with the Billionaire Chamber-of-Commerce rag doll the GOP has become.  Rising tides should be lifting all boats, not just a few.

Both parties are misusing and abusing Government.  Both party establishments are bottlenecks to American greatness.  Private individual Americans still achieve greatness despite the albatross of party establishments snuffing America's greater potential.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2021, 05:31:37 pm »
Ten states have sent assets to Texas to help Abbott's defense of our border. This fixation on billionaires running anything doesn't wash in nine of the ten and seems a bit unbelievable overall.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2021, 05:36:48 pm »
Which begs the question:  what evidence is there - other than politically motivated speculation - that the national guard is doing the donor's bidding?

Evidence?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-