Author Topic: CNN’s Gergen: ‘Crazy’ Trump Is ‘More Dangerous’ Than Nixon — He ‘Could Bring the Whole System Down’  (Read 658 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Gergen: ‘Crazy’ Trump Is ‘More Dangerous’ Than Nixon — He ‘Could Bring the Whole System Down’

Pam Key 13 Jul 2021

CNN network contributor David Gergen said Tuesday on CNN’s “Situation Room” that former President Donald Trump was crazy and therefore more dangerous than former President Richard Nixon.

Discussing two new books about Trump’s last days in office, anchor Wolf Blitzer said, “David Gergen, you had a unique experience and experiencing witnessing the end of Nixon administration up close. You were even written about in Woodward and Bernstein’s book ‘The Final Days.’ So what similarities — do you see similarities in what you saw then and now these new accounts.”

Gergen said, “There certainly seem to be some similarities and parallels, Wolf. In the last few days, I keep thinking about the final days of the Nixon  administration and these parallels.”

He continued, “The fact was that what we worried about with Trump was that he was crazy, and he’s still crazy, and he was unhinged, and you know he could bring the whole system down. And he has all these authoritarian tendencies. Richard Nixon, by contrast, actually respected the Constitution. When the Supreme Court came down with its decision, he had to turn over the tapes – the tapes of his conversations that he knew would sink him – he said, ‘turn over the tapes,’ and then he was booted out of office. So I think you have to put Trump in a different camp, in a more dangerous camp than Nixon.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/07/13/cnns-gergen-crazy-trump-is-more-dangerous-than-nixon-he-could-bring-the-whole-system-down/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

If Trump could bring the whole system down, he would have done it already.  The System is the enemy here, not Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

Wow, the stupid is strong with this one.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

He ‘Could Bring the Whole System Down’

Trump should use that as a campaign slogan.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wow, the stupid is strong with this one.

@Kamaji

No kidding. So strong he brags about it.

Online DefiantMassRINO

The greater threat are the weak, feckless unprincipled opportunist GOP members of the House and Senate.  It's nice to know that my party leadership will abandon Constitutional government, fiscal discipline, and limited government to win the next election.

Trump was able to win as a Republican because it was the party with the weakest leadership.

The GOP members of the House and Senate are the greater threat because they still hold office, they are owned by the US Chamber of Commerce, and they are cowards.

If the Jan 6th event was a LifeTime Movie of the Week, Mike Pence, Lindsey Graham, and Kevin McCarthy would be the battered wives who keep going back for more abuse at the hands of Donald Trump.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

Former Clinton WH counselor sez wut? Has this Clinton operative ever been within a quarter mile of Trump?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

It's nice to know that my party leadership will abandon Constitutional government, fiscal discipline, and limited government to win the next election.

Your party already abandoned Constitutional government, fiscal discipline, and limited government.  It is simply their nature, and has nothing to do with winning the next election.  Republicans have already demonstrated again and again that they really aren't interested in winning elections.   Their game is to consolidate power at the national level and protect the perks of their elite members.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Deranged, foaming at the mouth carney barker.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Gergen:
‘Crazy’ Trump Is ‘More Dangerous’ Than Nixon — He ‘Could Bring the Whole System Down’

That's EXACTLY why I voted for Mr. Trump.
Three times already (2016 primary and two general elections).

And that's EXACTLY why I intend to vote for him again, if he runs!

Online libertybele

Gergen:
‘Crazy’ Trump Is ‘More Dangerous’ Than Nixon — He ‘Could Bring the Whole System Down’

That's EXACTLY why I voted for Mr. Trump.
Three times already (2016 primary and two general elections).

And that's EXACTLY why I intend to vote for him again, if he runs!

IF only Biden wasn't underhandedly given the oval office.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am I the only one thinking that Trump should hire this guy to be his campaign press agent?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:10:55 am by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

If Trump could bring the whole system down, he would have done it already.  The System is the enemy here, not Trump.
That is so plainly true it’s hard to believe so many don’t seem to have a clue.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
David Rodham Gergen's still around? Huh.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024