Author Topic: AZ Candidate Blake Masters: Conservatives Can’t Take the Senate Without Taking Back Arizona  (Read 7632 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
W's BIG mistake was nation building. We could have destroyed Saddam's "government" and promptly left. Not rebuild anything. Made him an example of why you don't want to provoke us. And if the next guy wants to do the same, repeat and rinse. Nation building is what cost all the lives and treasure.

Agree 100%!  Bush said from the beginning he would not "nation build," and yet he did precisely that costing a lot of lives and dollars, and weakened the USA in the process.  Bush did the same in Afghanistan.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

I believe that nation-building in Iraq was a good investment.  We had a unified Iraq with a democratically elected government.  And more importantly, we showed the world that the United States was in it for the long haul, effectively restoring trust by showing others that America's word meant something.  I realize it came at a great price.  But that price was due to decades of America not keeping its word and not honoring its commitments.  It also gave us a base right next to Iran which kept them in check.

Of course all of this was trashed the moment Baraq Obama stepped into office.  Look back at where we were in 2009.  Iraq stood as a example of success to the entire muslim world that self-rule was possible.  We saw democratic movements in Egypt, Iran, Libya, etc., all based on the Iraqi example.  And Obama squandered each and every one of them.  Think of how much different our world would be today if the Iranian people had been encouraged to overthrow their theocracy.  It was there for the taking.  But Obama.

Afghanistan is another matter.  We never engaged in nation-building there.  All we did was to put in place an Afghan government that supported our efforts against the Taliban.  That's it.  We never taught them how to defend themselves.  We never encouraged self rule.  Our only goal was to keep the Taliban in check with minimal US military deployment.  And that also was hugely successful.  Until Obama.  Over two-thirds of US casualties in Afghanistan happened under Obama's watch.  All because he abandoned the minimal-deployment strategy and tried to mimic militarily what Petraeus did in Iraq without all of the other things that went along with it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat:
"I believe that nation-building in Iraq was a good investment..."

It doesn't matter whether we had stayed there 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, or 60 years.

They are muslims.
As soon as we withdrew, they would revert right back to their own ways.

They are muslims.
As such, their "allegiance" is owed not to any temporal government, but to someone else. Someone long, long dead, but whose grasp they are still within.

Online Hoodat

Hoodat:

It doesn't matter whether we had stayed there 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, or 60 years.

They are muslims.

I disagree.  The Iraqis have held it together pretty well for the last two decades.  The only difference are that they no longer have a US base in their country, and that they know the US can't be counted on for squat.  They know they are on their own against Iran and Turkey.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
W's BIG mistake was nation building. We could have destroyed Saddam's "government" and promptly left. Not rebuild anything. Made him an example of why you don't want to provoke us. And if the next guy wants to do the same, repeat and rinse. Nation building is what cost all the lives and treasure.

On that we totally agree.....the nation building part. 

If destroying his government meant bombing it into oblivion....maybe.

But no troops on the ground. 

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Hoodat:

They are muslims.

They are muslims.
As such, their "allegiance" is owed not to any temporal government, but to someone else. Someone long, long dead, but whose grasp they are still within.

You don't change something in 5 years that has taken hundreds of years to construct.

The hubris of the U.S. and GWB in that regard was beyond me.

Again, I'll say, I was very disappointed in Dick Cheney.  I truly admired that man.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I'm looking forward to watching this one corkscrew his plane into the ground.

What the hell are you talking about ?

You want Mark Kelly ?

Online Kamaji

Unfortunately, due to early voting, the benefits from these sorts of last-minute announcements ends up being muted, since early votes cast for a candidate who subsequently drops out of the race cannot be re-cast, or assigned to another candidate.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Blake Masters is coming to my town for a pizza party tonight!  This will make it fun!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

Unfortunately, due to early voting, the benefits from these sorts of last-minute announcements ends up being muted, since early votes cast for a candidate who subsequently drops out of the race cannot be re-cast, or assigned to another candidate.

Early voting certainly mitigates it a bit, but there's still a lot of in person voting out here and it could make a small difference...maybe a couple percentage points. That may be enough to swing the state. Fingers crossed out here. Very stoked for Kari Lake having a big election night as well, which may help carry Masters over the finish line.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why are we talking about W and Iraq again?  I was late to the party
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Blake Masters is coming to my town for a pizza party tonight!  This will make it fun!

Enjoy @Cyber Liberty
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Enjoy @Cyber Liberty

We had a great turnout and lotsa good pizza!  We counted about 325 people from our little town came.  It was good seeing Blake again (he's been here a few times).  I told him next time we meet I'll be calling him "Senator."

We expected maybe 100, but when people started calling in we realized we had to move the venue to a sports bar about 100 feet away from the pizzeria.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
We had a great turnout and lotsa good pizza!  We counted about 325 people from our little town came.  It was good seeing Blake again (he's been here a few times).  I told him next time we meet I'll be calling him "Senator."

We expected maybe 100, but when people started calling in we realized we had to move the venue to a sports bar about 100 feet away from the pizzeria.

Bravo.

Sounds like a good time.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bravo.

Sounds like a good time.

Yes, it was.  Blake likes Mohave County!

We saw Mark Finchem here the next day (yesterday).
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
This was VERY INTERESTING.....

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/patty-murray-makes-an-anguished-face/

Goes back to @Cyber Liberty making the statement about Murray. 

I have to retract my comment.....maybe Washington state will wake up and grant us a miracle.

Online Hoodat

I have to retract my comment.....

You mean the comment where you said you hope Patty Murray wins?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
538 has Masters trending up. 

He is less than 2 points down to Kelly.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Murray's race continues to look tight.